Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ktappe

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 10, 2003
Wilmington, DE
Can someone boot their MBA holding down the "T" key to see what it does? Will it ignore it or might it do something useful like become a USB drive? Thanks!

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
well it won't do anything, it doesn't have FW, which is what target disk mode uses, unless Apple has changed that somewhere and no one has mentioned it...

ktappe

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 10, 2003
Wilmington, DE
well it won't do anything, it doesn't have FW, which is what target disk mode uses, unless Apple has changed that somewhere and no one has mentioned it...

Well, that's kind of my point--NOBODY has mentioned this one way or the other in all the MBA info I've read on dozens of sites. Changing it to use USB instead of FireWire would make sense to me but I can find no confirmation or denial that Apple made such a change. So let's not conjecture and instead see what actually happens in real testing. :)

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
'cept that it would've been in patch notes or listed as a feature if added in somewhere along the line, and we've seen none of that.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.