Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Spizzo

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 1, 2004
Pacific NW
I was wondering which program everyone thinks is better and why.

Turbo Tax or Tax Cut.

It looks like Turbo Tax has some more packed into it from what i have read, but was wondering if anyone who has used them has advice or if anyone has seen any reviews around.

FriarTuck

macrumors 6502
May 26, 2003
Chicago area
I used Tax Cut for 2002 taxes and TurboTax for this year. I decided to give TT a try this time around just because I thought the navigation in TaxCut was a little awkward and discomforting at times.

I liked TT's interface better, so I'll probably buy it again. But Tax Cut is cheaper, and if you're on a tight budget you can buy Tax Cut without worrying that you're buying an inferior product. They are very similar.

And if you are looking for reviews, there is one at PC Mag and, of course, plenty at Amazon.

kidA

macrumors regular
Jul 22, 2002
i used turbo tax for the first time this year having used tax cut the last few. they're both fine programs and both get the job done equally well. i would stick with those two, though. there are others, like taxact and stuff, but i've not really heard much about them and haven't really been able to even find a lot of info about them.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.