Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mklos

macrumors 68000
Dec 4, 2002
My house!
I'm not sure, but you can check if it is. Go to the Apple Menu, System Preferences. Then click on the network system preference pane. Then click on the pull down menu next to Show and then click on Network Port Configurations. If Ethernet Adapter (en1) is listed or one called FireWire then IP over FireWire is included in Panther. Otherwise you can download it from the Apple Developer Site. You need to be a member, and signing up is free. Its not a very big download...but keep in mind that if its not in Panther then its still in beta and it may do funny things with your system.

ennerseed

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 3, 2002
Re:check

I am asking because I don't have Panther and cannot see if it is included. I have a lame ethernet hub and all my AppleTalk transfers go out through the net and back. The TCPIP over Firewire beta for Jaguar allowed me to set AppleTalk to just the Firewire connection, but was unstable. So, I am trying to find out if this has been included, as not a beta, in Panther. Hoping it is also stable.

daveL

macrumors 68020
Jun 18, 2003
Montana
FW shows up in the "add" menu item under "network ports", so I guess the answer is yes, but I haven't tried it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.