Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Loa

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 5, 2003
Québec
Hello,

I've been using/learning iMovie in order to create online classes for my students because of COVID19. Everything has been working fine until this morning.

iMovie just won't export a file.

I've created and exported about 30 videos thus far and I understand the basics. But now, when I select all my project clips and select the "Share - File..." option and hit "OK", nothing happens. No error messages, nothing. The little pie-chart progress indicator flashes for a fraction of a second before disappearing for good. The application doesn't bug or freeze (as I can keep working on the video or move to other projects), it just doesn't export the file.

I also can't export any of the videos it previously exported in the last few days and weeks. Nor will it export and brand new video.

I'm on 10.13 and iMovie 10.1.6 (and I can't upgrade).

Thanks.

P.S. The only change I made to the computer since yesterday is that I installed iOS 14 on my ipod touch. I can't imagine why it would change anything for iMovie, but nothing else changed.

Loa

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 5, 2003
Québec
Update: I found that the error was

The operation couldn’t be completed. (com.apple.Compressor.CompressorKit.ErrorDomain error -1.)

James_C

macrumors 68030
Sep 13, 2002
Bristol, UK
Try two things.

First - Shut down your Mac and restart it, this sometimes clears this problem.

if that does not work then redownload iMovie from the App Store. This also sometimes clears the problem.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.