Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Nov 1, 2001
VA

Attachments

• picture 1.jpg
    picture 1.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 323

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Nov 1, 2001
VA
Wow, even the foldingathome site is having issues - I got a "The Folding@Home server is currently under a high load, please check back in 2 hours (message cached Wed Jul 9 04:59:48 PDT 2003 )."

I wonder what happened? I hope someone isn't trying to hack the server.....

D

Vlade

macrumors 6502a
Feb 2, 2003
Meadville, PA
Hum... Maybe this is why my WU didn't show up late last night... and I need everyone I do(because I don't do many:()

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
Oops, I guess I shouldn't have transferred points from 3446 to 16. :D

MacNN has statistics, but from around 05.00 GMT.

I think those Brasilians who spoiled the hacking contest maybe have set all hackers off and there may be weeks of hacking now.

janey

macrumors 603
Dec 20, 2002
sunny los angeles
i can get the team rankings thing...but can't load pages for individual teams :(
ahh...internal server error...
Please contact the server administrator, help@folding.stanford.edu and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.
i hope i certainly didn't do anything to cause the error!

Vlade

macrumors 6502a
Feb 2, 2003
Meadville, PA
Originally posted by übergeek
i can get the team rankings thing...but can't load pages for individual teams :(
ahh...internal server error...

i hope i certainly didn't do anything to cause the error!

Same here...

I hope my WU that took about 2 weeks of on and off folding to do gets submitted :cry:

bertinman

macrumors 6502
Jul 24, 2002
Davis, CA
Im sure things will be sorted out, and as long as you don't delete the wu on your end, I think it will be transmitted... otherwise that would be A LOT of units lost. lots of lost time.

(plus, Im hoping my comps will get a big boost soon when the servers go back online! ;))
- bert

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
Yesterday's results seem to be missing from the scores; although today's are there. Hopefully, they'll figure it out.

The overclocking statistics look pretty wild--most teams are down by two places.

bertinman

macrumors 6502
Jul 24, 2002
Davis, CA
Originally posted by Vlade
It seams that all the teams are down tempararily as of 9:39 pm.

:(

I haven't turned in the usual bunch for awhile... makes me sad... just got them up and configed/ready! :rolleyes:

-bert

GroundLoop

macrumors 68000
Mar 21, 2003
Does anyone else thing that the stat servers at Stanford were moved to a new machine? I think this is a possible explanation for all of it. The Stanford machines seem much much faster, and I think that the extremeoverclocking.com scripts are just pointing to the wrong place.

So, if you want to see your basic stats, go to stanford. But, I loved seeing the graphical representations on extreme's site. Hopefully they will fix their scripts soon.

Hickman

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
Things seem to be fine for me now. My score from Wednesday showed up finally.

The server structure was moved around a bit though.

jimthorn

macrumors 6502a
Apr 24, 2003
Huntington Beach, CA, USA
Originally posted by Brian Hickman
Does anyone else thing that the stat servers at Stanford were moved to a new machine? I think this is a possible explanation for all of it. The Stanford machines seem much much faster, and I think that the extremeoverclocking.com scripts are just pointing to the wrong place.

Actually, I think it was a bigger problem on Stanford's stat servers. I glanced through their forums this morning and there was talk of some WUs getting turned in with "illegal" answers, or something like that. I guess it was causing all sorts of problems, like teams disappearing and WUs not geting recorded. It seems to finally be OK now.

Originally posted by Brian Hickman
So, if you want to see your basic stats, go to stanford. But, I loved seeing the graphical representations on extreme's site.

I agree that Extreme Overclocking's site is a lot of fun to look through. Team MacNN's site has different, but equally interesting "coverage" of the Folding scene.

bertinman

macrumors 6502
Jul 24, 2002
Davis, CA
Originally posted by MrMacman
Jesus this is weird when are we gonnna re-bound, we are low, very low again.

I think allot of comps stopped working just to wait to turn in wu's... now they are just starting fresh. the comps that take a week to finish a wu (most mid-level macs) will not turn anything in for a few days. give it time.

I'm toning down my usage as well. Goin to turn off the home comps to save on power bills.

- bert

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.