Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Joergen

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 3, 2016
Hi

I was wondering if it is possible to rebuild the iPhone into a mini-camera. I mean, to tear the iPhone apart, and use the parts related to the camera, and turn these parts into a small camera. I hope you get what i mean.
Thanks for your responses!

Best regards Jorgen

ZEEN0j

macrumors 68000
Sep 29, 2014
Not sure. But wouldn't it be easier and cheaper to find a small camera instead of ruining an iPhone?

Reactions: ABC5S

Joergen

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 3, 2016
Not sure. But wouldn't it be easier and cheaper to find a small camera instead of ruining an iPhone?
The screen of the iPhone (4) is broken, so it is useless anyway. So it would not be cheaper to buy a mini-cam but probably easier, yes. But I just thought that I could use the existing and working camera components and create a ekstern camera out of them...

BrianBaughn

macrumors G3
Feb 13, 2011
Baltimore, Maryland
It would be easier to buy a new digitizer/screen for the phone and put it on. I say "easier" because, unless your last name is MacGyver, you probably aren't going to achieve what you describe.

Joergen

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 3, 2016
It would be easier to buy a new digitizer/screen for the phone and put it on. I say "easier" because, unless your last name is MacGyver, you probably aren't going to achieve what you describe.
Is that for sure?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.