Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Barbareren

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 10, 2020
Norway & Mexico
Hi,

I’m having issues with Telegram Messenger notifications not appearing on my Apple Watch series 4. My watch is always connected to my iPhone, so it’s very annoying, because I don’t get to see the notifications until I pick up my phone. Sometimes I get the notifications on my watch, but most of the time lately it simply doesn’t work, even when I make sure the app is open on the watch. Anyone else experiencing the same problem? I have no such problems with WhatsApp or Facebook Messenger, nor any other app that works with the Apple Watch.

Cheers

EDIT: Both the iPhone 12 mini and the Apple Watch 4 have the latest firmware. I just did a hard reset on the watch and the phone, let’s see if that helps…

Last edited:

akash.nu

macrumors G4
May 26, 2016
Check in the watch app if you’ve got the notifications enabled for that.

Barbareren

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 10, 2020
Norway & Mexico
Still having issues with Telegram notifications on the watch. And since I don’t get them on my watch, like it’s supposed to, the phone won’t notify me either. Very annoying. Of course I’ve got all the notifications enabled, btw.

ionVillarreal

macrumors newbie
Dec 19, 2021
I have the same problem with notifications from the Spark app, maybe it is a problem with the Focus settings

riky3003

macrumors newbie
Aug 16, 2009
Italy
Same here, albeit slightly different problem since updating to iOS 15 and watchOS 8.
The phone gets notifications for Telegram as if the Watch was not present; the Watch doesn’t vibrate, but presents Telegram notifications in notification center.

I assumed it would be linked to Focus, as friends that don’t use the feature don’t report problems.
Tried disabling and even deleting all Focus modes aside from the main one but with no luck.

Any other user that faces the problem and has managed to solve it?

BTW, I have an 11 Pro Max and a Watch Series 4.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.