Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tlab

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 12, 2017
My 4S works ok ??‍♂️

It’s not the beast it was before though. And my 5S seems to walk all over it.. I saw some kid in his twenties on the bus yesterday sporting a 4S. I did feel bad for him briefly, at least its something.

Thanks for commenting. I’m not sure you ought to feel sorry for someone based on the phone they’re using.

When you say it works ok, do you mean it calls and messages and that’s it? If zoom doesn’t work that’s fine, I can use my MBP or even hang on to the 8 for that purpose. But if it will crawl in the mail app I might need to go for the SE1 option.

freeagent

macrumors 6502a
Mar 9, 2020
I should have said his phone was cracked, looked like it was that way for awhile. Mine spent its life in a life proof case, before otter box.. so the phone is in pristine condition.

It’s a fully functional dinosaur, I don’t use zoom so I can’t say. It’s a slow phone for sure by today’s standards, but if your not in a rush.. lol..
[automerge]1588290455[/automerge]
I see in your signature, though, that you have 3 iPhones newer than that. Would you really use the 4s as your daily driver?

I use my XS Max, the kids use my 5S and 7 and the 4S is retired. But I like to look at it now and then, sat in my pocket for 3 years and the birth of my first son heheh. I charged it up last week and turned it on, pretty sure it’s being throttled. It’s slow.

retta283

Suspended
Jun 8, 2018
Thanks for commenting. I’m not sure you ought to feel sorry for someone based on the phone they’re using.

When you say it works ok, do you mean it calls and messages and that’s it? If zoom doesn’t work that’s fine, I can use my MBP or even hang on to the 8 for that purpose. But if it will crawl in the mail app I might need to go for the SE1 option.
Mail is slow on the A5 chip, especially when you try to use attachments. You can sit for 10+ minutes if you're attaching multiple items.

Reactions: Elitegate

bodonnell202

macrumors 68030
Jan 5, 2016
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
The 4S is dog slow with iOS 9. If you're looking at a "stop-gap" phone which you can then keep as an iPod once you upgrade to the 12 I suspect a 5S or (2016) SE might be a better choice, with much better speed and support for Apps.

Reactions: retta283
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.