Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

caranddriver

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 15, 2010
SF Bay Area
I would appreciate hearing any experiences, present or past, with Tello. Tello is a MVNO that runs on the T-Mobile network (originally a Sprint MVNO). It appears to have the lowest prices of any carrier (MVNO or otherwise) to keep a device connected with data and/or minutes-text starting at $5.00 a month before taxes. It appears to be the cheapest option out there to keep devices on carrier network. I couldn't find any threads specifically on Tello so thank you for any thoughts in advance.

Saturn007

macrumors 65816
Jul 18, 2010
I'd be interested in hearing from others about Tello, too, including using Apple Watch with it.

asus389

macrumors 6502
Sep 11, 2019
USA
Can't comment on Tello, but I have post paid T-Mobile and they are going through some growing pains since acquiring sprint and upgrading to 5G. Service hasn't been as reliable recently as it was for the past few years. I'm sure it will improve, but I can't really recommend them at the moment. My guess is your experience with an MVNO will be similar or worse.

teeshot44

macrumors 65816
Aug 8, 2015
US
Location location location. …. It’s all about where you are at any given moment and what the current load is on the service at that location at that moment.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.