Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MrsWiddershins

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 27, 2021
Hi All,

I have a hard plastic cover very firmly stuck on my AirPods Pro wireless charging case. I've tried almost every single technique I've found online (pushing from the charging port, slipping plastic cards in the sides and base etc.) and it hasn't budged in the slightest. I'm worried I've strained the hinge in the process and definitely scratched the case, despite my best efforts.

The only thing I haven't tried (but have seen mentioned online) is to put the case in the fridge or gently heat it (sans AirPods). Could some of you far smarter humans weigh in on whether this is a completely ridiculous internet idea, or something worth a try? Any and all suggestions and guidance welcomed.

Thanks!

ukms

macrumors demi-god
Apr 21, 2015
Dubai, UAE
Hi All,

I have a hard plastic cover very firmly stuck on my AirPods Pro wireless charging case. I've tried almost every single technique I've found online (pushing from the charging port, slipping plastic cards in the sides and base etc.) and it hasn't budged in the slightest. I'm worried I've strained the hinge in the process and definitely scratched the case, despite my best efforts.

The only thing I haven't tried (but have seen mentioned online) is to put the case in the fridge or gently heat it (sans AirPods). Could some of you far smarter humans weigh in on whether this is a completely ridiculous internet idea, or something worth a try? Any and all suggestions and guidance welcomed.

Thanks!
The case that you have fitted did it have small sticky pads inside when you first fitted it ? If this is so then the suggestion of warming the case a little makes sense to make the glue a little softer which may then release.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.