Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

haralds

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jan 3, 2014
Silicon Valley, CA
I use Rogue Amoeba's Airfoil or Soundsource to redirect my iTunes to speakers hooked up via USB DAC. I do not use that channel for other sound. They are still out of action.

Does anybody know of a temporary work around?

mikzn

macrumors 68040
Sep 2, 2013
North Vancouver
I use Soundsource too - great app / utility - hope they have it updated for Big Sur soon - mean while I am back to using the sound preferences / control center in the menu bar

haralds

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jan 3, 2014
Silicon Valley, CA
I ended up getting shairport-sync to work with some pain. You have to use homebrew. Brew installs pulseaudio with other requirements, but neglects to install gdbm. Once that is installed, I invoke pulse audio && for a background task and then run shairport-sync as daemon.

Monotremata

macrumors 6502
Apr 11, 2019
Fontana, CA
No longer needed. All the apps just got updated!
YES!! Ive been waiting for Audio Hijack!! That about wraps it up for me. Have one last app that doesn't work in Big Sur and its from Akai so I am not holding my breath. Luckily I dont absolutely need it, its just a network MIDI app, I can still sync my stuff with Logic with good old MIDI cables and my usb interface..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.