Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sracer

macrumors G4
Original poster
Apr 9, 2010
where hip is spoken
I've ordered a few things from Temu recently for my iPads (9th gen and Mini 5) and they arrived today...
The first was a little lightning-to-MicroSD dongle. I inserted a 256GB microSD card loaded with music and videos. I inserted the dongle into the iPads and using the File.app, I was able to play media from it.
This is extremely helpful since I went for the 64GB storage model on the 9th gen.

Screenshot 2023-03-13 at 2.25.18 PM.png

Next up...

an active stylus.... I recently bought one on Amazon for $20 and was very impressed with it, so when I saw this one on Temu, I had to give it a try. It works exactly as advertised. It has an Apple Pencil 2 look to it with it's flat edge and magnetized body. This stylus magnetically attaches to the smart covers on both the Mini 5 and 9th gen so securely that I feel comfortable transporting it without a case.

Screenshot 2023-03-13 at 2.25.36 PM.png

I haven't received a dud yet from Temu (which is something I CAN'T say for Wish.com)

Last edited:
Reactions: RaphaZ and sparksd

sparksd

macrumors G3
Jun 7, 2015
Seattle WA
Excellent deal! I have a similar device (small, Lightning-based uSD card reader/writer) that I paid about $50 for a few years ago (still works). I use a 400GB card with it and have a similarly-sized USB-C version for my iPads. I'll have to check Temu out more closely.

Reactions: RaphaZ and sracer
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.