Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Slix

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 24, 2010
Hi!

I have a Mac OS X Server running 10.5 Leopard currently, and have network accounts enabled so users can log in across any Mac that is bound to the Server.

This all works, and preferences are retained across apps in the users' home folders on the Server, however, TenFourFox has a weird quirk that I'm hoping one of you can help shed some light on.

Even with a fresh user that has never opened TenFourFox before, the bookmarks cannot be loaded or saved. The menu bar just has a blank slate. The ~/Library/Application Support/Firefox/Profiles folder is all there as it should be, . But, when copying a good Profile set with bookmarks from an existing local Mac account to a network account, it makes the bookmarks disappear. Even after this, if I copy the Profile from the network account to a local one, the bookmarks show back up. Strange!

Screen Shot 2019-05-02 at 8.22.45 PM.png

Is there a way to get this to function properly on network accounts? I'd love to implement a default tweaked Profile for users so the web is faster on the Macs I'm using. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.