Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

brownk

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 2, 2019
United States
Curious if anyone else is having this experience.

Lately, I have been noticing “expired sessions” in the Terminal app.

I open the app and immediately logout to see if there any expired sessions. Never noticed this before.

It has been so chronic, that I presently have only one port open - Ethernet. That is the only port represented in Network preferences. I deleted all other ports, made Ethernet inactive and removed the Ethernet cable and shut the system down.

Today, 42 expired sessions at startup? Beginning to wonder if Wi-Fi is ever actually off.

Anybody else notice this happening? Just open the Terminal app and immediately logout.

Is there anyway to view the expired sessions to determine the root cause. There were none when I shut the unit down and 42 expired sessions at boot the following morning.

Do I need to unplug the unit at night!

brownk

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 2, 2019
United States
Curious if anyone else is having this experience.

Lately, I have been noticing “expired sessions” in the Terminal app.

I open the app and immediately logout to see if there any expired sessions. Never noticed this before.

It has been so chronic, that I presently have only one port open - Ethernet. That is the only port represented in Network preferences. I deleted all other ports, made Ethernet inactive and removed the Ethernet cable and shut the system down.

Today, 42 expired sessions at startup? Beginning to wonder if Wi-Fi is ever actually off.

Anybody else notice this happening? Just open the Terminal app and immediately logout.

Is there anyway to view the expired sessions to determine the root cause. There were none when I shut the unit down and 42 expired sessions at boot the following morning.

Do I need to unplug the unit at night!
Somebody seems to be accessing our Computers via SSH over Wi-Fi.

If I shutdown our iMac, we have no expired sessions.

Our MacBook Pro still gets expired sessions. I assume because of the battery.

Would love to be able to identify who is accessing our systems, but no very good with using terminal commands.

At a minimum, can someone please point to site we’re I can better understand sleuthing such things.

Something to do with tty connections.

Thanks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.