Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cwolk

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 3, 2015
NJ, USA
So, what do you all think of it? How about the event? Does anyone strongly dislike it?

Personally, I love the design of the car. I think it'll be a big success, although end of 2017 shipping is a problem; other manufacturers can catch up and there will be more competition. As to the event itself, it was very similar in style to an Apple Event. Musk was a bit stutter-y, but he got the message accross. I also liked the way they unveiled the cars, showing the video then driving them onstage.

Grogfoot

macrumors member
Dec 26, 2012
Its incredible; I've reserved online.

This is exactly what was needed. They throw this amazing and affordable electric car out there with the proposed delivery of late 2017. This just breeds competition in a field the world has been needing for quite a while. Can't wait to see what GM and others do to compete. :)

heehee

macrumors 68020
Jul 31, 2006
Same country as Santa Claus
I reserved in a store yesterday. Don't love it though. It's a mix between Model S and X. Will hold off on the reservation until later as my current car lease is up June 2018, still have time to decide.
image.jpeg

Last edited:

trekkie604

macrumors 68000
Feb 25, 2008
Vancouver, Canada
the demo cars were missing the driver's instrument cluster... hopefully that's just a preproduction model and they don't consolidate all the gages on that center screen.

I wasn't wowed by the car itself either.

b0r3dguy

macrumors member
Jun 26, 2010
Ontario, CA
I loved the design personally and I made my reservation on Thursday morning at the Santa Monica Tesla Store.

The interior is very spare, but that may change as it approaches the production phase in 2017.

AustinIllini

macrumors G5
Oct 20, 2011
Austin, TX
We still know nothing about it. The question is whether or not Tesla can actually make enough of them before they go belly up. A $4 billion backlog is still not real money.

The car looks good, but I'm not going to drop $1000 up front on an unproven product from an unproven brand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.