Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Varda

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 13, 2021
This past week, Elon Musk posted a photo of what might well be a Tesla Phone and asked if people would be interested in purchasing one.

This phone looks pretty cool to me, but it's probable going to be well beyond my price range.

Attachments

• Tesla Phone.jpg
    Tesla Phone.jpg
    238.3 KB · Views: 681

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
This past week, Elon Musk posted a photo of what might well be a Tesla Phone and asked if people would be interested in purchasing one.

This phone looks pretty cool to me, but it's probable going to be well beyond my price range.
If it’s as overpriced and built as poorly as the cars no thanks.
I’m sticking with Apple!

Reactions: swarlos

cthompson94

macrumors 6502a
Jan 10, 2022
SoCal
Yeah this would also be a no for me, it will probably have a pretty cool design (depending on what your style is) with a questionable build quality, but I will bet it will more than likely have a horrible android skin thrown on it

jz0309

Contributor
Sep 25, 2018
SoCal
I understand he's the richest person in the world, but, in order to build a smartphone from the ground up - it takes years and I highly doubt he would use Tesla resources to build it, leave alone a new company.
I call this BS

Awesomesince86

macrumors 68020
Sep 18, 2016
I’d be interested depending on what new features it had that aren’t already available today. But holy hell that is ugly.

JustAnExpat

macrumors 6502a
Nov 27, 2019
I was reading an article from the Wall Street Journal today saying that reading compression has crashed in America since COVID-19. After reading this post, I'm starting to think they might be right.

Lifeisabeach

macrumors 6502
Dec 4, 2022
I was reading an article from the Wall Street Journal today saying that reading compression has crashed in America since COVID-19. After reading this post, I'm starting to think they might be right.

"reading compression"? 😂

They should do a followup article on how proofreading has taken a nosedive also. 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: tbayrgs and winxmac

iJest

Suspended
Jul 27, 2023
The only benefit the Tesla would have, from past rumors, is it wouldn't be on any carrier, but be connected to Starlink, so you could get signal anywhere on the planet.

Reactions: Tig Bitties

Cancelled
Jul 5, 2022

Looks an awful lot like something generated with Midjourney.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.