Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tobian

macrumors member
Jun 23, 2007
Prague
there’s no mention about cpu and gpu. musk have no edge on computing power, nor battery capacity. it’s plain stupid

Madhatter32

macrumors 65816
Apr 17, 2020
i suggest you educate yourself. because your first two sentences don't hold true with the rest of your post.
So one can only believe Musk is an "awful" person if they educate themselves?

Asked differently, so one must be a Musk "fanboy" if they do not think he is an "awful" person?

Both positions strike me as closed-minded.

I assume you think Elon Musk is an "awful" person. Not sure why though -- it's not as though he has a long list felony convictions. Others consider him to be a "great" person. I would be reluctant to accept characterization as well.

mmomega

macrumors demi-god
Dec 30, 2009
DFW, TX
This was covered in late 2020, where this was a designers idea(a non-Tesla designer) of what a Tesla might look like.

The Musk then stated that phones and smartwatches were older technology vs what his companies are focused on.
Screen Shot 2022-06-15 at 8.32.28 AM.png

Unregistered 4U

macrumors G4
Jul 22, 2002
I just copied the videos title. It's not my video. I was just shocked by the comment section the most. I disliked the video. The comment section is what blew my mind. There's a guy complaining about Apple not giving updates to his iPhone 4 Plus, but it has never even existed. Has there been iPhone 4 Plus? I don't think so.
I mean, it’s a good idea to copy the video’s title, look at the 4 pages of replies so far! Something more drab like “Shocked at the comments on this video” likely wouldn’t have garnered as much attention or driven as much traffic to the YouTuber’s video.

ikir

macrumors 68020
Sep 26, 2007
I just came across this YouTube video and I can't believe the comments:

A week ago Joshua Fluke did a video on Elon Musk, where he criticised him and now he's getting bullied by Musk's fanboys.
I couldn't find much about his phone but well… I don't think this will kill Apple, iPhones or even Samsung. I can't understand why people worship Elon Musk. He's actually a pretty awful person.
Sure We will all have Tesla Phones /s

Macative

Suspended
Mar 7, 2022

Oh no, one of the most brilliant and useful people alive is also flawed. Almost like, every human being on earth.

Cannot stand people like you, for the record.

jmonster

macrumors member
Mar 21, 2022
Do you work for him or something? There are 110,000 employees working at TSLA -- all under their own free will and many of whom seem quite content. There is a difference between being a demanding boss and employee mistreatment.
And others have successfully sued for hundreds of millions of dollars.
Not hear complaints? Ever heard of an NDA? Even Elon’s exwives signed them. There’s a reason only his first wife has anything to say about him.

sudo-sandwich

Suspended
Aug 5, 2021
I like Elon Musk and his companies. I like clickbait about them a lot less. Where is the insane new Tesla phone the video title and thumbnail claim?

Reactions: Martyimac

sudo-sandwich

Suspended
Aug 5, 2021
The art of speculation is rampant on YouTube.

I would rather have a Citroen phone. At least the battery door would line up properly...
It might be more than just speculation. Dude might even be trying to manipulate markets. This kind of stuff follows TSLA around.

Yassan

macrumors newbie
Mar 28, 2019
Germany
I do not worship Elon Musk. I am not a TSLA fanboy. But I certainly do not think, nor do I think that there is reason to believe, that Elon Musk is an "awful" person.
Leaving out the person, the single act of giving a child a name that sounds like the translation in C3P0 language of a spare part barcode, that is more criminal than awful.

solarmon

macrumors 6502
Mar 12, 2015
Well let's see shall we.
He hasn't managed to build anything like the numbers of cars he said he would even years ago and they are nearly bottom for reliability, his solar tiles still don't exist- and the ones that he bought catch fire- and his Starlink costs over $100 a month.
So how's he going to produce 1 billion phones, by when and what OS is it going to use?
I think he's brilliant but he's into disrupting the market and stirring things up and I don't take a lot of notice of what he says until it arrives.
MS haven't even got close to doing it. Google's attempt at hardware isn't bad but hasn't changed anything. Nokia had all the advantages and couldn't do it and they are people that know the business.
Has he actually been hiring good phone people? I haven't seen anything about if so who's going to design this phone for him? It's not as easy as it looks and I think he's more about sticking a finger up at Apple (or two if you are English) and manipulating the stock price, than likely to be producing a great phone.
Well, I’m due to receive Starlink within days. Fortunately, I can return it within 30 days. When I signed up, I figured it probably wouldn’t work, due to trees on our property, and I’m highly dubious about service reliability during storms, but wanted to give it a try. I’ll find out soon…

JetBlack7

macrumors 68030
May 14, 2011
Portugal

And...

djplong

macrumors member
Jul 9, 2015
New Hampshire
This is a farcical video from 6 months ago. It says "rumors say" without even saying where the rumors come from and even the title LIES through it's teeth by saying the Tesla phone IS (current tense) a 'game changer'.

Reactions: MK500

dawnrazor

macrumors 6502
Jan 16, 2008
Auckland New Zealand
I'm happy he's making things happen that normally wouldn't get done via usual business channels (electric cars) and is innovating in the market. These were things that Steve Jobs did to shake things up and I respect that. But otherwise he's become insufferable.
DiKmPSMUwAAreKD.jpg
Wrong Simpsons analogy… Elon Musk is Hank Scorpio…

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.