Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GaryGnu

macrumors member
Nov 6, 2019
Main? No.
But I play with it on an iPhone 13. It's fine? Seems to work as advertised. I'm content with it?
I know, this isn't a ringing endorsement, but it works. Doesn't block ads or whatever as well as desktop browsers, and I only have uBlock as an extension. Sometimes video autoplays but always muted. If it were the only browser I had, I'd be OK with that. The UI is clean, and unobtrusive. It works. I haven't tried banking or anything with very complex rendering, and a person smarter than me might have decided to switch to their phone and try typing this in Orion instead of their Windows work laptop, but it's fine. It's displayed every site I've tried without problems. What more do I want?

Spaceboi Scaphandre

macrumors 68040
Jun 8, 2022
I've been having video playback issues on Orion so I don't use it as much as I'd like to. At this point I'm just waiting for that 1.0 release to start using it more

VitoBotta

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 2, 2020
Espoo, Finland
Once again I gave up after a few hours. It doesn't detect my RODE microphone so I can't even use it for calls. I am trying Vivaldi now.

VitoBotta

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 2, 2020
Espoo, Finland
Despite the microphone issues I decided to support the project with a paid subscription as well as paid Kagi search, from the same team. There are still problems but there is potential for it to become the best browser on macOS.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.