Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
I could not make this work. My iPhone refuses to see my Xoom, my Xoom can see my iPhone but the iPhone tells me "Xoom" is not a supported device. So I would think its on the iPhone side, but the above poster can get his N7 to work with his 5. So I don't know. I could never make it work. The Xoom is running pure Android from Google like the N7....and my iPhone is on 6.0.1....I use Bluetooth with both on other devices on the Xoom I use a keyboard, mouse, Nintendo wii controller and with the iPhone I connect to my car....(shrug)

Only thing I wanted to do is transfer photos and with an OTG cable I just plug my iPhone into the tablet and transfer all my photos over...

PhoenixMac

macrumors 65816
Mar 7, 2010
I could not make this work. My iPhone refuses to see my Xoom, my Xoom can see my iPhone but the iPhone tells me "Xoom" is not a supported device. So I would think its on the iPhone side, but the above poster can get his N7 to work with his 5. So I don't know. I could never make it work. The Xoom is running pure Android from Google like the N7....and my iPhone is on 6.0.1....I use Bluetooth with both on other devices on the Xoom I use a keyboard, mouse, Nintendo wii controller and with the iPhone I connect to my car....(shrug)

Only thing I wanted to do is transfer photos and with an OTG cable I just plug my iPhone into the tablet and transfer all my photos over...

I had the same problem with my iPhone-nexus over Bluetooth but if I click on the nexus connect to my iPhone it does even though when I try on my iPhone it says the nexus is unsupported. Works no problems after its connected though.

sixteen12

macrumors regular
Nov 14, 2011

Weird I can tether my iPhone to my Xoom without issue. Its stock running Android 4.0.1 (or 4.0.2, don't have it here). iPhone 5 running 6.0 and iPhones 4s with various 5.x builds.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.