Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jason2811

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 8, 2006
I'm currently on the Verizon Max Edge program, which is $30 per month for 6GB of data. I traded in my Unlimited Data for this and it's not a big deal because I used 2GB per month. I have an iPhone 5S. Anyway, sometimes I travel and want to use my iPad and tether/hotspot it with my phone. I only travel once a month though and only need to tether for a few hours each way.

What is the cheapest way for me to tether with my current plan? There is another Verizon Max Edge program which has 8GB of data and tethering but I don't want to pay an extra $20 per month for a feature I rarely use and for extra data I don't need. So what are my options? Any little known tethering plans available that are cheaper? Also, could I upgrade to the 8GB tethering plan when I travel and just cancel it before the next month?)

THANKS!

serega

macrumors regular
Nov 19, 2007
Seattle
I'm on share every thing plan so tethering is free, I do it from time to time. I don't know how it works on Max Edge.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.