Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

flametd46

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 23, 2012
Hi, I have an iPad 1, wifi, jail broken, and iOS 5.1.1. I have recently installed the app tetherme and tetherme apn editing. When ever I go to the extension in the settings all it says is wifi keep broadcasting, apn selection, and apn settings. Whenever I go to the network there is no personal hotspot. There is no personal hotspot anywhere! Does anyone know how to either fix or do something to enable wifi or cellular data. Anything? Please no hate or bully comments.
Thank you!:)

flametd46

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 23, 2012
?

You have a wifi iPad you said? Not a 3G one with a SIM card that connects to a carriers network correct?
If all the above is yes then you are really confused to what tetherme is and does.

Yes I have wifi on my iPad but i have to connect to a wifi network. All I want is a personal hotspot so I don't need to use public wifi etc.

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
Yes I have wifi on my iPad but i have to connect to a wifi network. All I want is a personal hotspot so I don't need to use public wifi etc.

What Tetherme does is let's you share your carriers data with other devices. Devices such as iPhones with data plans and iPads with data plans.
Your iPad does not have carrier data to share via wifi, BT or USB with other devices.
Do you understand now?
Tetherme cannot create Internet or data access that doesn't exist there. It just shares your carrier data plan to multiple devices.

flametd46

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 23, 2012
Ok

What Tetherme does is let's you share your carriers data with other devices. Devices such as iPhones with data plans and iPads with data plans.
Your iPad does not have carrier data to share via wifi, BT or USB with other devices.
Do you understand now?
Tetherme cannot create Internet or data access that doesn't exist there. It just shares your carrier data plan to multiple devices.

Oh ok, but my friend has tetherme and he can enable a personal hotspot. Do you know how I can enable a personal hotspot. I have 2 more question. Can you give me reccomendations to personal hotspot apps I should get? THANK YOU!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
Oh ok, but my friend has tetherme and he can enable a personal hotspot. Do you know how I can enable a personal hotspot. I have 2 more question. Can you give me reccomendations to personal hotspot apps I should get? THANK YOU!!!!

You still don't get?
You think using your wifi iPad you can just get free Internet anywhere without connecting to wifi or using carrier data?
You cannot create a personal hotspot unless you have a 3G/LTE device to create and share your carrier data with other devices. That's what a personal hotspot is.
Search on google and understand what a personal hotspot is and what it does.
It's not what you think. You don't just install a hack and you have free Internet anywhere you go. Even thinking something like that is possible its nonsense.
Also piracy discussion is not allowed on this forum so don't ask how to get free apps or packages here.

Last edited by a moderator:

flametd46

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 23, 2012
You still don't get?
You think using your wifi iPad you can just get free Internet anywhere without connecting to wifi or using carrier data?
You cannot create a personal hotspot unless you have a 3G/LTE device to create and share your carrier data with other devices. That's what a personal hotspot is.
Search on google and understand what a personal hotspot is and what it does.
It's not what you think. You don't just install a hack and you have free Internet anywhere you go. Even thinking something like that is possible its nonsense.
Also piracy discussion is not allowed on this forum so don't ask how to get free apps or packages here.
Oh sorry but I'm really clueless around but you could have taken it easier on me:(

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
Oh sorry but I'm really clueless around but you could have taken it easier on me:(

Tethering requires a phone or iPad with a sim card to provide a personal hotspot for other devices to use.

Installing a software hack cannot magically give you a cellular data connection if you don't have the proper iDevice.

By the way I reported you for stealing apps.
Pay for your apps !

Dennisvdmast

macrumors newbie
Jul 12, 2017
Tethering requires a phone or iPad with a sim card to provide a personal hotspot for other devices to use.

Installing a software hack cannot magically give you a cellular data connection if you don't have the proper iDevice.

By the way I reported you for stealing apps.
Pay for your apps !

He never said anything about stealing apps, he just asked about good (free) apps..
[doublepost=1499887102][/doublepost]Does tetherme allow iOS 10 on an iPad to broadcast its wifi connection?

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
He never said anything about stealing apps, he just asked about good (free) apps..
And you missed the fact that this thread was last active in December 2012? It's a 4.5 year old thread.

PS. dhlizard, the user you quoted, hasn't been active around here in quite some time. So not only a resurrected thread, a non-active user.

Reactions: Applejuiced
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.