Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tortri

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 30, 2010
Anyone else have the same problem? It's been working fine, then there was an update today so I updated it and ever since if I do anything online related it tells me cellular data isn't activated. I've restored it so its not jailbroken and still wouldn't work, even got itunes to update the carrier settings.

I've managed to get my phone working some what but only gets 3g, no LTE.(lte is on in settings) So I jailbroke again, reinstall tetherme it showed LTE but no working cellular data.

iPhone 5
Verizon

Last edited:

Tortri

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 30, 2010
I installed it earlier today and haven't had this issue (both 4S and iPhone 5)

Cool, thats actually good to hear, i'd hate Tetherme to go bad I love the app. Maybe my sim card went dead. I actually have another so i think i'll give it a try to see if it fixes my issue.

Thanks for the reply.

Tortri

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 30, 2010
Have you rebooted ?
Have you toggled cellular data off & back on.
Remve TetherMe and re-install it.

Its been rebooted multiple times. (restored it)

Once I installed tetherme and the problem started teh first thing i did was uninstalled it. Afterwards data didn't work for me. Reinstalling didn't help either. So I ended up restoring it to a default iphone 5(non jailbroken) and it continued. (I also tried turning off cellular data off and on)

I found a forum talking about resettings the carrier settings by modifying manaagedcarrier.plist but i didn't find that file. So I messed around(restored from a earlier non jailbroken state) and got it working somewhat again but minus the LTE. I'm thinking verizon disabled my LTE or some how the settings on my sim got borked.

I have an extra sim card, so I'm in the process of replacing and activating LTE on verizon(if they ever pickup) and see if that fixes it.

Will get back if it does.

Last edited:

Tortri

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 30, 2010
Turned out lte went down in my area at the same time I installed tether me. Yay?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.