Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sullivan0067

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 29, 2019
I have a shiny new iPad Pro 11 (which I’m delighted with) and have been doing some work on PDFs - filling forms using markup and then adding simple text boxs. All was going well until the following day I when back to re-edit the text. When I select the text box and then edit, the text box background turns black!!! The text is still there but its black text and a black background. I don’t know why its happening and I’ve no way to turn the text box background back to white. It is REALLY annoying me!!

The files are saved in my Files on iCloud and my iPad iOS is 12.3.1 It is also happening on my iPhone iOS 12 and my ancient iMac (late 2009 with High Sierra)

If anyone can shed some light on it I would be super grateful!!

C2664C37-472B-49EC-8897-E57374374F88.jpeg

sullivan0067

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 29, 2019
Is it updatable to MacOS Mojave?

Afraid not!... the iMac late 2009 is now regarded as ‘obsolete’ and is not possible to update past HS. Actually it is still working really well despite it age - even if I don’t stress it too much! I don’t think my problem above is relating to this though as it happens also on my iPad etc.

Precursor

Cancelled
Sep 29, 2015
Istanbul
Afraid not!... the iMac late 2009 is now regarded as ‘obsolete’ and is not possible to update past HS. Actually it is still working really well despite it age - even if I don’t stress it too much! I don’t think my problem above is relating to this though as it happens also on my iPad etc.
You must have accidentally selected Redact option?

sullivan0067

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 29, 2019
You must have accidentally selected Redact option?

Genius! This could be the issue. It is a protected document so maybe it has been selected on by the original author.

Thank you!! I still don’t know if I can somehow turn this option off on the document or if it applies to all documents I am editing? Anyway, thank you for the solid lead!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.