Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Arqui3D

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 25, 2018
Hi! First post here.

I've been searching all over the web for something like this: A text editor that allows you to load several custom dictionaries, or word lists, for its spell checker. It doesn't matter if it's Mac or Windows, as I use Bootcamp.

My goal is to write content for Spanish language learners. For this, I plan to use some high-frequency word lists I have, so it would be fantastic if the word editor could warn me when I'm using words outside of the list, for example, highlighting or underlining words outside the list. I'll be using several different lists for different levels of language learners: One list with the top 1K words, another with the top 2K words, and so on.

Thank you for your help!

mathepac

macrumors newbie
Sep 18, 2017
Kilkenny, Ireland
https://nisus.com/pro/ offers you the ability to have dictionaries in many languages and dialects, look under Preferences>Languages. It also allows you the facility to add/delete words in any of the dictionaries you use, see page 271 in the comprehensive "Nisus Writer Pro User Guide.pdf"

You can download a 15-day demo from the site above. The ultimate in multi-language capable word processors. IMO. I'm a customer, no other affiliations, running v 2.1.8 (current) under HS 10.13.5 Beta (17F45c) on an very busy Mac mini (late 2012) HTH

Reactions: Arqui3D
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.