Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

xxashxx20

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 17, 2013
So the below picture is from my husbands iphone. he sent me the message about getting a job but my phone received a emoticon guy jacking off and the last couple sentences of what he wrote lol... you can kind of see him there on bottom when I sent it back to him to show him what I got . He has a iphone and I have a LG. can someone tell me how the hell I received something completely different then what he sent? and yes I realize I spelled sense wrong.

when I googled it the only thing I found was this old post from a few months back with a similar problem https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1452792/ im really curious about the cause of this anyone know anymore about it?

Attachments

• IMG_0658.png
    IMG_0658.png
    78.4 KB · Views: 3,354

CARRIEOKEY911

macrumors newbie
Aug 26, 2016
A Hill
So the below picture is from my husbands iphone. he sent me the message about getting a job but my phone received a emoticon guy jacking off and the last couple sentences of what he wrote lol... you can kind of see him there on bottom when I sent it back to him to show him what I got . He has a iphone and I have a LG. can someone tell me how the hell I received something completely different then what he sent? and yes I realize I spelled sense wrong.

when I googled it the only thing I found was this old post from a few months back with a similar problem https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1452792/ im really curious about the cause of this anyone know anymore about it?
I am so far going to guess it has to do with all the crazy apps and permissions giving them control to edit and or change messages. Maybe its bored sociopaths or aliens or hackers interferring for the hell of it. Maybe its relatives or ancestors who have passed on .
I know this is an old thread but looks like no one answered or replied.
If you see this tell me what happened since then ?

DeltaMac

macrumors G5
Jul 30, 2003
Delaware
And, the OP never returned, no posts except that one single post.
That may suggest that the OP was a simple (and dumb) attempt at trolling.
And, no one fell for it for more than 3 years - until you! How kewl is that!
AFAIK, there is no requirement anywhere to respond simply because no one else has responded.
And, it was going so well. Nearly 3,000 views with no answer, until yours. Must be close to a record :D

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
And, the OP never returned, no posts except that one single post.
That may suggest that the OP was a simple (and dumb) attempt at trolling.
And, no one fell for it for more than 3 years - until you! How kewl is that!
AFAIK, there is no requirement anywhere to respond simply because no one else has responded.
And, it was going so well. Nearly 3,000 views with no answer, until yours. Must be close to a record :D
To be fair there is a larger thread about this kind of thing at https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/different-text-message-sent-compared-to-that-received.1452792/ (which the OP linked as well--not sure why it all simply couldn't be posted there to begin with).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.