Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dan.sirkis

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 13, 2018
Ever since activating my iPhone XS, I either no longer receive SMS messages on my iPad or Mac, or they come in several hours delayed. This problem either began when I first installed iOS 12 on my iPhone 6S, or possibly a few days later when I activated my iPhone XS. I have now upgraded to 12.0.1 (on iPhone and iPad) and the problem remains.

- all devices are signed into the same iCloud account
- text message forwarding option is toggled on for both the iPad and Mac
- I can send and receive SMS messages fine on the iPhone XS
- iMessages sync fine between all devices
- I have activated Messages in the cloud on all devices and they have all gone through the syncing process
- I can see some SMSs coming through on the iPad, but they seem to be delayed by a few hours

Any ideas what is going on here?

Reactions: Craiguyver

CJRhoades

macrumors 6502a
Dec 4, 2007
Lafayette, IN
I'm having the same issue more or less. Since upgrading from an iPhone X to an Xs Max, I'm not getting SMS on my MBP or my Apple watch. When I send SMS from my MBP or Apple Watch, they are sent but I get a message with a ! saying "Not Delivered". iMessages don't seem affected. I've unpaired and repaired the watch with no effect. I've also tried toggling both message forwarding and handoff on/off with no effect.

Reactions: Dan.sirkis

Tmelon

macrumors 65816
Feb 26, 2011
Same issue on my XS with 12.1. I've tried logging in and out of iCloud and toggling all of the settings. Not sure if it's at all related, but I'm not getting News notifications either.

Dan.sirkis

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 13, 2018
I'm having the same issue more or less. Since upgrading from an iPhone X to an Xs Max, I'm not getting SMS on my MBP or my Apple watch. When I send SMS from my MBP or Apple Watch, they are sent but I get a message with a ! saying "Not Delivered". iMessages don't seem affected. I've unpaired and repaired the watch with no effect. I've also tried toggling both message forwarding and handoff on/off with no effect.

Thanks - I have the exact same issue where it looks like a text is not sending from the iPad/MBP, but it actually does send. Coincidentally, I've also noticed that after doing this, some older texts within a given conversation will show up on the iPad/MBP after trying to send a text from that device.

Btw, which carrier do you use?
[doublepost=1539636134][/doublepost]
Same issue on my XS with 12.1. I've tried logging in and out of iCloud and toggling all of the settings. Not sure if it's at all related, but I'm not getting News notifications either.

Thanks, which carrier do you use?

Tmelon

macrumors 65816
Feb 26, 2011
Thanks - I have the exact same issue where it looks like a text is not sending from the iPad/MBP, but it actually does send. Coincidentally, I've also noticed that after doing this, some older texts within a given conversation will show up on the iPad/MBP after trying to send a text from that device.

Btw, which carrier do you use?
[doublepost=1539636134][/doublepost]

Thanks, which carrier do you use?
I'm on Sprint

CJRhoades

macrumors 6502a
Dec 4, 2007
Lafayette, IN

Btw, which carrier do you use?/QUOTE]

AT&T

mrex

macrumors 68040
Jul 16, 2014
europe
Apple discussion forum has the same topic and some said that after calling to apple and spoke with the ”senior”, who said that apple knows the issue and are fixing it to the next ios update.

Dan.sirkis

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 13, 2018
Apple discussion forum has the same topic and some said that after calling to apple and spoke with the ”senior”, who said that apple knows the issue and are fixing it to the next ios update.

Great, thank you for the info.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.