Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

deathtotoasters

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 3, 2009
Well just got my watch about two hours ago and cannot figure out why message are not alerting me on the watch. they come through fine on my 6plus and on my rMBP.

Anyone else have this issue?

Let me rephrase...they are on the messages app on the watch, just fine. Just dont get notified via haptic.

Last edited:

Tortri

macrumors 6502a
Aug 30, 2010
Well just got my watch about two hours ago and cannot figure out why message are not alerting me on the watch. they come through fine on my 6plus and on my rMBP.

Anyone else have this issue?

Let me rephrase...they are on the messages app on the watch, just fine. Just dont get notified via haptic.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7013802

Last post

HI, I had the same issue with notifications not coming through.

Spent 2 hours with a tech to resolve. As has been mentioned in various other posts, nothing will come through if you are actively using an iPad or iPhone at the same time, I.e. If either of these devices are not in sleep mode, the notifications won't come through to the watch. You also may need to have the watch on your wrist. We spent several hours repairing and resetting, to no avail. This was the cause.

deathtotoasters

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 3, 2009
For me it seemed to be that I was using my phone almost all the times when a notification (text, email, calendar appt) was coming through. I guess, from what I read, the notifications only come through to the watch when you are NOT actively on the phone. Actively seems to equal doing anything with the screen on.

Once I kept my screen off, by not using the phone, all the alerts came through.

Realizing it kind of defeats the purpose to be on the phone and be notified via the watch when the phone is in front of my face.

SIUGRAD99

macrumors regular
Jan 20, 2008
It may sound silly but I found out that I somehow turned on the do not disturb option which kept me from getting notification after I turn that off everything worked perfectly

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.