Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Z8beema

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 18, 2013
Mass.
Hello,

Has this ever happened to anyone else? It's been happening to me sporadically for months. I'm updated on the newest iOS version, I have an iPhone 6. Sometimes I will never receive a notification for text messages. Only for text messages. Today it happened again. I text someone that I don't normally text and didn't get a response right away. I didn't look at my phone ( or get any type of notification for that matter) for 3 hours until I randomly decided to look at my messages app. I look and there's 4 different messages waiting for me. Nothing on my home screen, nothing in my Notification Center ...so strange. It's fixed by holding power and home and restarting the phone but I never know when it's happening. Has this happened to anyone and is there a permanent fix? I don't want to complete start fresh because I don't want to lose my watch data. Also this only happens when I'm not wearing my watch.

kkkace

macrumors newbie
May 4, 2016
Is that because of your apple watch tampered the settings of message notifications?

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
I mean.. I guess it could be the case. It does only happen when I take the watch off

Are you sure that your watch is locked when this is occurring? If the watch is unlocked, the messages will still go there. Sometimes if I have my watch band closed (not wearing the watch), it reads the buckle as my arm and doesn't lock. Its rare for that to happen but it does.

Reactions: willmtaylor

Z8beema

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 18, 2013
Mass.
Are you sure that your watch is locked when this is occurring? If the watch is unlocked, the messages will still go there. Sometimes if I have my watch band closed (not wearing the watch), it reads the buckle as my arm and doesn't lock. Its rare for that to happen but it does.
Interesting.. Ill have to double check when it happens

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.