Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

diusonem

macrumors newbie
Feb 22, 2024
I just got mine after reading this thread, using at 1440. Text is crisp, for photos Apple RGB + DCI p3 is a bit too much constrast/vibrant for casual photo editing (does not look the same as e.g., viewing on iphone/ipad), so only Apple RGB output is for me good (less pale).

A complaint is WindowServer always run with 35-40% CPU (after restarting the mac M1 it is still the same).

thebart

macrumors 6502
Feb 19, 2023
A complaint is WindowServer always run with 35-40% CPU (after restarting the mac M1 it is still the same).

I have m1 16gb, running same monitor at 1224p. Windowserver is using
It's at the top in memory usage, but that's a little misleading because apps like chromium are broken into many separate processes

But anyway, MacOS uses a lot of memory and CPU to keep the display running

stradify

macrumors 6502
Jul 4, 2015
USA
I have m1 16gb, running same monitor at 1224p. Windowserver is using
It's at the top in memory usage, but that's a little misleading because apps like chromium are broken into many separate processes

But anyway, MacOS uses a lot of memory and CPU to keep the display running
Any delay when waking the U2723QE from sleep?

thebart

macrumors 6502
Feb 19, 2023
Any delay when waking the U2723QE from sleep?
No but I never turn off the power on the monitor, even when I sleep or turn off the mini. I just let the monitor go into stand by. According to the manual the difference in power consumption between off and standby is 0.1w, so I don't bother switching it off

Reactions: picpicmac

diusonem

macrumors newbie
Feb 22, 2024
not only CPU but huge memory usage as well, ~10Gb sitting there for `WindowServer`, it becomes ~500Mb if changing to `1920 x 1080 (Default)`.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.