Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

eicca

Suspended
Original poster
Oct 23, 2014
Title says it all. Text alerts are less than half the volume of the main ringtone. I test the same tone for both, and ringtones are sooo much louder than text tones. Attention Aware features don't make any difference whether on or off.

What on earth is this? I'll never hear my text alerts when I need them! Big problem!

usagora

macrumors 601
Nov 17, 2017
Have you checked Settings > Sounds & Haptics to be sure the RINGER AND ALERTS volume slider is maxed out and "Change with Buttons" is disabled (to prevent unintentional changes)?

eicca

Suspended
Original poster
Oct 23, 2014
Have you checked Settings > Sounds & Haptics to be sure the RINGER AND ALERTS volume slider is maxed out and "Change with Buttons" is disabled (to prevent unintentional changes)?
Several times.

eicca

Suspended
Original poster
Oct 23, 2014
Have you tried restarting and force-restarting the phone? If neither of thsoe does the trick, then I don't know what else to suggest except re-installing iOS.
Tried that several times too.

And this is a fresh DFU install. Just got the phone last weekend and a DFU wipe is the first thing I always do.

usagora

macrumors 601
Nov 17, 2017
Tried that several times too.

And this is a fresh DFU install. Just got the phone last weekend and a DFU wipe is the first thing I always do.

Not sure what else it could possibly be then. It can't be the physical speakers, because you say the ringer IS loud (you'd think all sounds would be an issue if it were the physical speakers that were the problem). Unless this is a bug in the version of iOS you have installed?

Damolee

macrumors 6502a
Nov 20, 2012
I've noticed the same. Just think it's how Apple intend it to be. To lessen the annoyance to others?

eicca

Suspended
Original poster
Oct 23, 2014
Maybe you're "tone deaf?" :p

That being said, make your own custom tone and record it at a higher level and see if that helps.
That’s what I’ve got, a custom tone that’s maxed out…

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.