Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bobesch

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Oct 21, 2015
Kiel, Germany
Tonight my Powerbook nearly got toasted by the attempt to make a Google-search with TenFourFox.
Every simple search is blocked by that nasty Google-LogIn-PopUp.
CPU-temperatur rises up to 75°C while that PopUp window keeps running, running, running ...
(and immediately drops to 55° within a few minutes after closing TFF/Googlegate...)
Either there's a solution or Google banned from my TFF forever.
IMG_3641.JPG

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
I'm not having your problem…and I'm not seeing any popup. Perhaps that's because I am logged in already?

In any case, here's what I have blocked using uMatrix.

TenFourFox.png

bobesch

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Oct 21, 2015
Kiel, Germany
Working fine in TenFourFox on my G5 Quad. Did you install any extensions that might be causing this?
Thanks! After I removed all extensions that Google-login worked without problen.
I should have removed one extension after the other to sort out, which of them caused the problem, but this morning I was not in the mood to spent to much time to get TFF running again...

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
That's FT Deepdark I usually force an install of the Windows version.

All-In-One-Sidebar on the right and TabMix Plus gives me tabs on the bottom. There's another addon I use to reduce tabs to the website icon (forget the name right now) and the toolbar at the top is actually my bookmarks bar which you can force to remain open whenever you're in fullscreen.
[doublepost=1471371891][/doublepost]On the MacPro at work. Notice it's telling me it's incompatible. But it's worked on my Macs for years.

Add-ons Manager.png

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.