Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Macman45

macrumors G5
Original poster
Jul 29, 2011
Somewhere Back In The Long Ago
I guess this is just for UK users, but they actually have given us some decent stuff...Coldplay, a book I have yet to look at, I expected garbage but it's actually worthwhile checking it out.

So far I avoided the "Lady Ga Ga" tracks, but downloaded the rest.

What are your opinions?

Last edited:

stridemat

Staff member
Apr 2, 2008
UK
i have been opening the app every day, but so far not seem anything worthwhile to download.

Though today's book look quite good!

Macman45

macrumors G5
Original poster
Jul 29, 2011
The Book Does Look Good

i have been opening the app every day, but so far not seem anything worthwhile to download.

Though today's book look quite good!

I'm also a big Coldplay fan. I have seen the Top Gear episodes, but downloaded them again anyway. At least some good stuff amongst the junk, and a "Something For Everyone" Approach.

With the money we all spend with Apple, you could say they owe us something:D

Buduls

macrumors newbie
Oct 21, 2011
Bah, the book is NOT free for me, what a heck..
JO NESBO “The Redbreast” - its 6.49€
Second day already when this app screws up...

forum user

macrumors regular
Aug 28, 2008
There is a different gift for most of the countries.

On your iPhone goto Settings - General - International - Region Format.
Change the Region Format to the country that you want to see in the "12 days" app. Then open the 12 Days app and see the gift for the chosen country.

There is Jo Nesbo for UK, Best in Travel 2012 for Italy, and another book in Germany.
Usually you will need to have an iTunes account in the chosen country to download the gift as a gift. Sometimes it is free in all countries.

- Olaf

306Designs

macrumors member
Jun 19, 2011
Whats the app store link to the 12 Days app? Searching the App Store doesn't give me anything

Macman45

macrumors G5
Original poster
Jul 29, 2011
That's Interesting

Change the Region Format to the country that you want to see in the "12 days" app. Then open the 12 Days app and see the gift for the chosen country.

There is Jo Nesbo for UK, Best in Travel 2012 for Italy, and another book in Germany.
Usually you will need to have an iTunes account in the chosen country to download the gift as a gift. Sometimes it is free in all countries.

- Olaf

Here in the UK we got Coldplay live, lady gaga, the Nesbit book, and two Tv episodes, one Top Gear, and one Steve Coogan Aand Rob Brydon show that makes no sense at all.

What if any video stuff did you get?

Buduls

macrumors newbie
Oct 21, 2011

- Olaf

Thanks, that did the trick!

salacious

macrumors 6502a
May 15, 2011
for me the gifts of christmas were rubbish, coldplay was a good gift, if i hadnt spent the last couple of weeks watching every single live show, and i no longer care for madonna, i mean lady gaga, the book was ok but honestly why top gear as much as i love the programme i dont want that as a gift, iv already seen most of their shows as any man mostly would, i wonder whats next tomorrow, the apprentice episode one? how about a film or an imovie app for iphone :)

Macman45

macrumors G5
Original poster
Jul 29, 2011
Well

for me the gifts of christmas were rubbish, coldplay was a good gift, if i hadnt spent the last couple of weeks watching every single live show, and i no longer care for madonna, i mean lady gaga, the book was ok but honestly why top gear as much as i love the programme i dont want that as a gift, iv already seen most of their shows as any man mostly would, i wonder whats next tomorrow, the apprentice episode one? how about a film or an imovie app for iphone :)

It's Sonic The Hedgehog today in the UK:)

Macman45

macrumors G5
Original poster
Jul 29, 2011
What Was That

Steve Coogan / Rob Brydon film about? I watched it for a while, just seemed like they were having endless meals and talking garbage....I turned it off in the end! The Top gear episode is an old one, but it's quite good, something I might watch again.

On the whole the whole thing has been better than I expected....To be frank I didn't think I'd bother with any of it, but I've only skipped Lady GA GA, the rest I have downloaded.

Macman45

macrumors G5
Original poster
Jul 29, 2011
As I Understood It

It's Sonic the Hedgehog in Canada's App Store too. I'm guessing US as well

The 12 Days of Christmas freebies are UK Canada and Europe only? I don't think they are available ( at least not free ) in the States.

Today's offering is not my kind of music, but I try to remain open- minded so downloaded the tracks anyway.

I'd like a good quality, full featured drawing app!:)

306Designs

macrumors member
Jun 19, 2011
The 12 Days of Christmas freebies are UK Canada and Europe only? I don't think they are available ( at least not free ) in the States.

Today's offering is not my kind of music, but I try to remain open- minded so downloaded the tracks anyway.

I'd like a good quality, full featured drawing app!:)

Oddly enough, when I went to Canada's 12 Days of Christmas page on Apple, it listed some music I wasn't interested in. But then when I went onto the App Store, Sonic was right at the top of Free Games and inside it said something about a "holiday gift for everyone. Apple's 12 Days of Christmas blah blah" and thats how I got it. It's not free anymore

Macman45

macrumors G5
Original poster
Jul 29, 2011
The Snapseed

App is really quite good....I've had a little play around with it and it has some nice features.....Don't know what it cost originally, but free is always good!

Still hoping for a full featured drawing app:D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.