Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Antares

macrumors 68000
Original poster
I strongly believe a new Gameboy will come later in the DS's life and incorporate "touch" technology from the DS but be a single screen (widescreen). Maybe it will also have accelerometers like the Wii Remote. I don't think, however, that new models of both will coexist. The old, DS and the new Gameboy, yes.....but not a DS2 and a new Gameboy.

zap2

macrumors 604
Mar 8, 2005
Washington D.C
I think the DS, kind of ate the GameBoy. The DS plays GBA games...not the type of feature you put in something, which are planning to stay 2 different things.

The 3 pillar idea was good for a while, but the DS has changed, and so will Nintendo's plans.

(When a system doesn't get any time on stage, its done.)

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
I think the handheld line kinda followed the console line in terms of graphics.
GameBoy/Color: Nes
GameBoy Advance/sp/Micro: Snes
DS: N64

Your bang on, the processing power of all related systems has been very close, the interface and display resolution being the only major differences.

Even if they don't bring out an actual "portable Gamecube", then at least we'll see handheld ports. Which I'm more fond of than big screen games.

Antares

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Even if they don't bring out an actual "portable Gamecube", then at least we'll see handheld ports. Which I'm more fond of than big screen games.

Exactly, try reading the dialog and HUD of a tv-size game on a 2 or 3 inch screen. That wouldn't exactly be easy for <i>some</i> GameCube games. Some of them would really need to be proted to a smaller screen.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.