Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

groove-agent

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 13, 2006
OK, so Apple Music now allows you to favourite artists which show up in your library, but you still have to manually add all their songs and albums? WTF? This really isn't very different from before.

We need the ability to add an artist to a library and instantly see their discographies so we can choose which of their music we want to play (Spotify does this!). Who wants to manually add entire artist discographies? Some artist's discographies are HUGE! Also, let's say for example your favourite artist comes out with a new album. Why not just have it automatically be added to your library for you to easily find? Again, Spotify does this.

I swear the developers of Apple Music are completely out of touch with their users. I think they always have been, which is why people have hated iTunes for so long. So close, yet so far. I guess I'm sticking with Spotify.

Screenshot 2023-10-25 at 11.47.40 AM.png

Reactions: Eric Idle

tomtad

macrumors 68000
Jun 7, 2015
OK, so Apple Music now allows you to favourite artists which show up in your library, but you still have to manually add all their songs and albums? WTF? This really isn't very different from before.

We need the ability to add an artist to a library and instantly see their discographies so we can choose which of their music we want to play (Spotify does this!). Who wants to manually add entire artist discographies? Some artist's discographies are HUGE! Also, let's say for example your favourite artist comes out with a new album. Why not just have it automatically be added to your library for you to easily find? Again, Spotify does this.

I swear the developers of Apple Music are completely out of touch with their users. I think they always have been, which is why people have hated iTunes for so long. So close, yet so far. I guess I'm sticking with Spotify.

View attachment 2302012

This is by design. You would add huge numbers of Albums and Songs to your Library if it did this.

groove-agent

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 13, 2006
This is by design. You would add huge numbers of Albums and Songs to your Library if it did this.
Spotify and Youtube music has this though, so it is certainly doable.

Adding/ following the artist could simply be a link to their discography. From here it is a starting point to select their albums or songs to play. If this meant the app had to download all the artist's discography then that's another thing.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.