Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Wingnut

macrumors newbie
Original poster
I have a iMac early 2009, 9,1 with 10.6.8 OS. Every time I try to install macOS Mojave Patcher downloaded from dosDude i get the above message. I have tried different versions of the patcher with the same results. Any help would be appreciated. I have also used the search feature with no success.

Wingnut

macrumors newbie
Original poster
I downloaded macOS Mojave Patcher.dmg from dosdude's website. When I try to open it I get this message "The application you have selected is not a valid copy of macOS Mojave". I cannot get Mojave from the apple site as this iMac was produced before 2012. Thanks for the reply.

dickie001x

macrumors regular
Feb 13, 2008
I'm a bit confused by the message you are getting. Try this - download the macOS Mojave Patcher application and drag to your desktop. Open it. You should get this:
Screenshot 2020-10-17 at 06.06.54.png

Then select Tools and download the macOS installer - you should get this:

Screenshot 2020-10-17 at 06.07.23.png

If you are getting this then you are selecting the patcher app itself, and NOT the macOS installer (that you need to download via Tools in the menubar):

Screenshot 2020-10-17 at 06.07.10.png

Last edited:

Noob2006

macrumors newbie
Mar 14, 2024
I'm a bit confused by the message you are getting. Try this - download the macOS Mojave Patcher application and drag to your desktop. Open it. You should get this:
View attachment 967764

Then select Tools and download the macOS installer - you should get this:

View attachment 967765

If you are getting this then you are selecting the patcher app itself, and NOT the macOS installer (that you need to download via Tools in the menubar):

View attachment 967766
Ok so I can get here, but then I get this message: Could not locate the correct entry in the CatalogURL

What can I do?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.