Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dsimon

macrumors newbie
Apr 18, 2022
Look under Settings->Privacy->Analytics & Improvements->Analytics and see if there is a kernel panic crash report.

Some users are reporting that their phones running on iOS 15.4.1 are having kernel panics. The panics seem to be related to the IPC communications between co-processors. The panic I have seen reported shows that there is a timeout condition waiting on the OUTBOX.
Do you know if there is a way to sort the logs by Date? I have a number of logs available in the Analytics section, but they're just sorted by Name so it's hard to tell which one was the most recent that was created when the phone reset.

Ulenspiegel

macrumors 68040
Nov 8, 2014
Land of Flanders and Elsewhere
Update:

The Apple Service offered to repair the iPhone for 269 EUR.

No information at all what was the problem, simply a spare part No. ZD661-05659 mentioned in the e-mail.

I declined and bought a new iPhone.

End of story.

Update II.:

When I picked up the phone, I was told that it was diagnosed and needed a new motherboard. (After 2.5 years, never dropped etc.)

Last edited:

Aerisdies

macrumors member
Oct 9, 2021
Kiel Hyre Academy
What the hell.
This thread is still getting drain posts which means iOS is really sh*t in this aspect.
We bought a premium phone but having these kind of problems.

Again, I never had problems these like this on my previous phones (Lumia 730, Samsung Note 4, Xperia XZ2)!

I had an iPhone 6s before and, I think, I have upgraded to iOS 11 (or 10?) and what the hell!

I despise everytime Tim Cook boasts Apple's new update, damn. I'm telling myself, "here we go again".

Last edited:

CTHarrryH

macrumors 68030
Jul 4, 2012
Battery is great for me on my 13 pro - now. Probably, the best battery life that I've had from any iPhone

nph

macrumors 65816
Feb 9, 2005
My 12 pro max was better than my 13 pro max… keep having background processes eating battery even though function is turned off. “Find my” is a good example. Apple support confirmed I had turned it off and even made a reset settings and still showed active. Have reported to support who are sharing w Enginnering now.

Last edited:

Kyriakosss4

macrumors regular
Sep 16, 2021
I've got a weird issue on my iPhone 8 using iOS 15.4.1. that just started yesterday (Apr17). Randomly when using my phone, it will reset without warning. It seems to happen whenever an app attempts to use Location Services (as in the Location Services arrow will show in the upper bar). When that happens, the phone resets and will go into an endless reset cycle until I plug the phone into a power cord. It does not matter how much battery power I have just before it resets (could be 100%, could be 60%, doesn't matter).

While the phone is plugged in to power and boots back up, it shows very little power currently available on the battery (ex 8% or 9%). It then rapidly increases its charge (as I type, this happened, and it went from 8% battery to 60% in just a couple of minutes).

This has happened multiple times in the past two days. I just updated to 15.4.1 this past Thurs or Fri. My phone says that Battery Health is at 92% Max Capacity (phone is around 2 years old).

While I suppose my battery might be prematurely dying, it feels like maybe this latest iOS version might have something to do with these weird glitches. Not sure if anyone else has had this issue.
Huh? How can an IPhone 8 be only 2 years old?

auxbuss

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 18, 2014
UK
Here we go again… This is on 15.7.2.

IMG_0475.PNG
IMG_0477.PNG

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.