Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zoran

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 30, 2005
I wish to travel and be able to work remotely with all of my projects. Whats the best way to do that when i have projects in Illu, Pshop and Indesign? I was told that some are using Cloud services... but which?

buttongerald

macrumors 6502
Jan 29, 2016
St. John's, Newfoundland
You could just purchase a laptop with a large hard drive. That's what myself and the bulk of my associates did. Relying on cloud based editing/storage is unpredictable. If you are in and will stay within an urban area it should be fine, but if you're working somewhere remote well, things might be as stable.
I might be wrong, but I always think you're asking us to help write your blog posts or college homework.
This comment was left on another topic you created. And I can't help but shake the feeling that this user may be on to something. All of your posts here are questions, but worded in specific ways. You could probably save yourself a ton of time just using Google or YouTube for these types of questions. Unless of course your intent is to create discussion amongst like-minded individuals.

Reactions: zoran

zoran

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 30, 2005
Unless of course your intent is to create discussion amongst like-minded individuals.
im just a gr designer that’s trying to find answers to questions on how to make my professional life easier, more productive and more up to date with the current situations. And to do that, the best way is to find out how other colleagues are thinking/working that’s why I post questions here. Of course I’m not asking questions to write a blog or to complete essays for college work, I just believe that collectivity is powerful and very helpful I don’t see what’s wrong with that!

Last edited:

emmawarner96

macrumors newbie
Feb 11, 2021
The best accessories work for me to work remotely is a Laptop, Wireless mouse, A internet dongle and a portable laptop stand that enough for me to work remote peacefully. Would also suggest to you.

Reactions: zoran

guzhogi

macrumors 68040
Aug 31, 2003
Wherever my feet take me…
You could just purchase a laptop with a large hard drive. That's what myself and the bulk of my associates did. Relying on cloud based editing/storage is unpredictable. If you are in and will stay within an urban area it should be fine, but if you're working somewhere remote well, things might be as stable.
I agree; I personally like internal storage as it's fairly stable and fast. Though obviously use backups on external storage (either hard drives, cloud, etc.). If you're going to stay in one place, a desktop Mac & external drives can work. If you travel often, an external hard drive with a laptop tends to get cumbersome.

I've never setup/used a SAN, so I can't give advice on which are good/bad. My only fear with SAN, cloud storage, and other networked storage is if you're traveling, the internet can be spotty. Could be poor wireless service, or just plain slow. That in conjunction with large files associated with Photoshop, Illustrator, etc., could cause serious issues. But your mileage may vary. Personally, I'm old school directly attached storage. Direct, wired connections I find tend to be more reliable & faster.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.