Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cyb3rdud3

macrumors 68040
Jun 22, 2014
UK
At which point we would technically be the 2nd owner and not subject to transfer rules. :)
Possibly but there are also types of leases where people are registered owner and keeper instead of the finance company. And then you wouldn’t.

vipergts2207

macrumors 601
Apr 7, 2009
Columbus, OH
After almost 2 weeks of mostly rainy, crappy weather, it's finally been nice enough for me to take the car out for a few days. Drove it to work today and yesterday. Rain tomorrow though, so back to the minivan. After almost 9 months of ownership, approaching 2k on the odometer.

YoitsTmac

macrumors regular
Aug 30, 2014
I have my friend visiting from Philadelphia to out here in the Northern SF Bay Area. I’ve constantly told him the car culture here is so much cozier than in LA. I took him to a Cars and Coffee, then took him to Sonoma Raceway (wet track day) for a ride-along in a BMW E92 M3 and a 2016 Audi TTS. We walked around the paddock and checked out some phenomenal cars of all flavors. Apparently that was his first time in an E92 as well.

Then yesterday, I took him on some of the craziest backroads just 20 minutes from my house. I have lived here most of my life and take it for granted, but he pointed out how nearly every corner was banked and really allowed me to lean into them. The corners were kind of tight and he compared it to a go-kart track. I had never noticed they were all banked, but totally explains why it’s my favorite road.

Just had to share that he is loving soaking this all in. We’re thinking of going to Thunderhill this weekend.

Reactions: Herdfan

vipergts2207

macrumors 601
Apr 7, 2009
Columbus, OH
It's at the dealer!

Financing secured, picking it up Monday, dropping it off for Xpel/Ceramic/tint Tuesday.

Last thing I am waiting on is insurance.
What kind of policy are you planning on getting? My Hellcat is on a Hagerty policy since it’s not a DD. Pricing is very reasonable. Just under $1k/year for $100k guaranteed value coverage.

quagmire

macrumors 604
Apr 19, 2004
What kind of policy are you planning on getting? My Hellcat is on a Hagerty policy since it’s not a DD. Pricing is very reasonable. Just under $1k/year for $100k guaranteed value coverage.

Going with the National Corvette Museum Insurance with agreed upon value. The premium actually went down from their initial quote once they finalized everything. Gonna ask about it tomorrow to make sure nothing too drastic changed as it was a bit of a price drop.

Hagerty was quoting more. The regular insurance companies were quoting similar premium's for obviously market value.

The issue is the Z06 is being insured like you were insuring a Lambo or Ferrari. So it is driving my insurance higher. The normal C8 SR isn't so people have been getting the premium you are paying for the Hellcat.

Reactions: vipergts2207

quagmire

macrumors 604
Apr 19, 2004
Well took delivery yesterday! The 70 mile drive home was an absolute blast.

Had it in my garage for one night and just dropped it off for Xpel/Ceramic coating/tint/front radiator guard install. Shop said it would be ready ~2 weeks.

quagmire

macrumors 604
Apr 19, 2004
Here you non-believers go..... :p

IMG_7565 copy.jpeg IMG_7574 copy.jpeg IMG_7568 copy.jpeg

daneoni

macrumors G4
Mar 24, 2006
[Deleted-wrong thread]

Erm car stuff.

I'm actually considering an EQ series or Taycan given how much the gen 1s have depreciated

Meanwhile, AMG GT 63 S E
Another long name, another electrified AMG

New_Mercedes_AMG_GT_63_S_E_1-20240423112203.jpg

New_Mercedes_AMG_GT_63_S_E_3-20240423112240.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: cyb3rdud3

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
Chelsea dismantled by Arsenal at the Emirates.

Both teams actually started well and Chelsea had chances but again fail to convert.

Then Arsenal basically took control in the second half

Rice/Odegaard >> Enzo, Caicedo, Gallagher.

Funny enough whilst Poch hasn't helped himself, i don't think he's to blame either.

Lack of effort or fight across the Chelsea 11.
Indeed. But what is that to do with cars?

AlaskaMoose

macrumors 68040
Apr 26, 2008
Alaska
Today I had the cam-belt and water pump replaced on my 2015 Audi A4 2.0TDI. Three belts changed in total and cost me £479 at my local garage. Audi quoted me £680 so it was pretty cheap locally. It was a bit overdue as the car is now 9 years old, but only done 43k miles.
Replacing the belts now was a very good idea. The trucks and cars my wife and I drive have one belt (called serpentine belt), and the engines have timing chains. While I could replace the serpentine belts myself, I let the mechanic take care of it. I just replace the engine oil and filter, wire blades, cabin air filter, engine air filter, and other minor maintenance. Now that both of us are retired, we don't drive very much. Still, I replace oil and filters every six months, usually one time in April, and another time by November of so.

Reactions: The-Real-Deal82

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
So I'm not a car person, but I see in my youtube feed a bunch of folks who tend to be doom and gloom on the auto industry, particularly Ford and Jeep/Dodge.

Regarding Ford, I was just watching this video (below), where he mentioned that their consumer side was down 66% year over year comparison. The dude went on to say that Ford does not produce cars anymore. They have big expensive SUVs, and trucks. I gotta believe they'e opted for the higher yield SUV/Truck lines and priced out a lot of potential buyers.

As I drive by dealerships, and wonder when will I buy another truck (or car for the wife). There's no way in hell I'm spending 70, 80, 100k on a truck. I think many of the automakers are failing to realize that people are not only unwilling but unable to have a car payment then is in the 1,500 to 2,000 dollar a month range. My current truck payment is 340, I've always fought to have my payments near that mythical 300 dollars a month mark.

Ford tops first-quarter earnings estimates as commercial unit offsets EV losses
Ford’s traditional business, known as Ford Blue, reported adjusted earnings that were down 66% compared to a year earlier to $905 million. Its Ford Pro commercial business earned $3.01 billion, up 120% from the first quarter of last year. Ford’s Model e electric vehicle unit posted a $1.32 billion loss from January through March.

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
So I'm not a car person, but I see in my youtube feed a bunch of folks who tend to be doom and gloom on the auto industry, particularly Ford and Jeep/Dodge.

Regarding Ford, I was just watching this video (below), where he mentioned that their consumer side was down 66% year over year comparison. The dude went on to say that Ford does not produce cars anymore. They have big expensive SUVs, and trucks. I gotta believe they'e opted for the higher yield SUV/Truck lines and priced out a lot of potential buyers.

As I drive by dealerships, and wonder when will I buy another truck (or car for the wife). There's no way in hell I'm spending 70, 80, 100k on a truck. I think many of the automakers are failing to realize that people are not only unwilling but unable to have a car payment then is in the 1,500 to 2,000 dollar a month range. My current truck payment is 340, I've always fought to have my payments near that mythical 300 dollars a month mark.

Absolutely. That’s an insane monthly payment.
I think a lot of the traditional car companies have lost business to the EV sector as well. Petrol is so expensive (especially outside the US) that people can no longer afford to drive a 2 ton truck to the office as their daily driver.

They beed to rethink their business strategy fast.

quagmire

macrumors 604
Apr 19, 2004

The doom and gloom channels have been doom and gloom since 2022 saying all these dealers and OEM's are done for.

And yet..... They are still around and thriving for now.

Not saying it's sustainable, but these channels are not helping people keep up with reality and are altering perceptions. Don't want to dwelve too far into the topic, but it's like the US economy right now. People keep on saying its bad, but every metric disagrees and they themselves are not behaving like it is a bad economy. They are still out there spending on cars, vacations, etc.

Eventually these channels will be right because it is a cycle, but they keep repeating the same crap.

Reactions: Chuckeee
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.