Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bigchief

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 26, 2009
I notice today my apple compass app was no longer working. I don't remember the last time I used it. I'm currently using 12.1.2 software. At the bottom of the screen shows my locations and elevations but the dial is stuck on north and will not move when turning the phone. I have turned the phone off and on and even did a hard reset.

Anyone else have this problem?

Happycamper12000

macrumors newbie
Sep 6, 2019
Apple removed the Three-axis Gyro Sensor chip from the iPhone X family of phones. This chip as the name describes is what physically gives the 3 axis to allow the Compass to work :( sorry as far as I know :( no more compass :(

I notice today my apple compass app was no longer working. I don't remember the last time I used it. I'm currently using 12.1.2 software. At the bottom of the screen shows my locations and elevations but the dial is stuck on north and will not move when turning the phone. I have turned the phone off and on and even did a hard reset.

Anyone else have this problem?

maccompaq

macrumors 65816
Mar 6, 2007
The Compass no longer works in IOS 11 on my iPad & it has not been updated to work in IOS 11 & it will not be updated as stated in a dialog box. Since I have not updated to IOS 12, I do not know if it works with the update.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.