Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Original poster
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
Wowsers's this game has revitalised my interest in FPS's.

Great production values, utterly amazing lighting throughout the game (360 version)

Anyone else bought it ?

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
We should have had ours on Friday, then that postal strike went and happened. :D

I'm hearing it's quite good. Might be a nice FPS to tie me over till Halo 3.

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Original poster
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
We should have had ours on Friday, then that postal strike went and happened. :D

I'm hearing it's quite good. Might be a nice FPS to tie me over till Halo 3.

Postal strike in the UK ? That's why it's taking longer for stuff to get here I'm expecting so. :rolleyes:

Definitely should tie you over. The story and the loading intermissions are fantastic and the game is abundunt in atmosphere, somthing most games these days are completely lacking. It's like Soprano's meets The Crow is the best way I can describe it.

Don't rush through the game though, there are load's of small extra details all over the place that really build up the immersion, but if you want you can skip these - but then your only getting half the experience.

greatdevourer

macrumors 68000
Aug 5, 2005
Thanks for this :) If I had to choose between The Darkness and Mass Effect, which would I buy? (I like actiony games)

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Original poster
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
Thanks for this :) If I had to choose between The Darkness and Mass Effect, which would I buy? (I like actiony games)

Well you could buy the darkness now, enjoy it for six weeks and then trade it in and pay the extra bit and get MassEffect.

Mass Effect being an action RPG will probably have more hours of gameplay, but The Darkness is a very good action shooter.

I'd have to get both ;) :D

sb58

macrumors 6502a
May 14, 2006
Hades
this is out already? damn. i've seen commercials on TV but i thought they all said coming soon... hm... maybe i'll rent it.

steamboat26

macrumors 65816
May 25, 2006
Arlington VA
this is out already? damn. i've seen commercials on TV but i thought they all said coming soon... hm... maybe i'll rent it.

It's weird, all my friends keep telling me that commercials have been on for this game, but i haven't seen a single one :eek:

2nyRiggz

macrumors 603
Aug 20, 2005
Thank you Jah...I'm so Blessed
I got this game for the PS3 and I like it a lot but whats up with this guy walking and running at the same speed...seems so sluggish but the heart eating is worth the price...love to see the darkness fight over the heart.

Multiplayer kinda sucks but oh well its all in the single player. The PS3 version has accomplishments and the content on the tv channels are cool.

Bless

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.