Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

crapix

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 6, 2015
I write this post to say goodbye to a stupid and stubborn religious belief in the perfection of Apple's products.

Once upon a time, I believed in the quality of Apple's products so tenaciously like I believed in communism when I was seventeen or eighteen. I lived in China, and was brainwashed to believe in communism then, and maybe then brainwashed to believe in Apple's products.

And now, the religious belief in Apple's products suddenly collapsed because one day my MacBook Pro early 2015 suddenly won't boot. It's just half of year since I bought it. I couldn't believe it then. How can a new laptop won't just boot? I have a ASUS laptop more than three years old never once can't boot. I installed XP, win 7, win 8, win8.1, win 10 preview, win 10 on it. It never once can't boot!

Maybe some people think I am paranoid just because this single, peculiar, uncommon case of my macbook. Maybe my macbook is just a single flaw of billions of Apple's perfect products. How can you negate the perfection of Apple products just because of a single failure?

I share this doubt too, I also thought this was just a single peculiar case. And then I have the macbook sent to Apple retail store to check and repair. A few days later, they told me nothing is wrong with the macbook. They just unboxed the battery and got it back and the macbook can boot again. So, it seems nothing is wrong with the hardware. But the retail store didn't give me any details about the cause.

T'hain Esh Kelch

macrumors 603
Aug 5, 2001
Denmark
I feel sorry for you that you got the impression that Apple's products are built by unicorns and spray painted with fairy dust, as opposed to all other manufacturers that use under-payed chinese workers.

Product not touched by unicorns and fairy dust can actually break. It is the truth, trust me!

And in the future, you may want to compare products with a sample size of more than 1 of each.

newdeal

macrumors 68030
Oct 21, 2009
Welcome to the wonderful world of SSDs. Your data has likely been corrupted

Scary Spice

macrumors 6502
Jul 31, 2015
British Columbia
I feel sorry for you that you got the impression that Apple's products are built by unicorns and spray painted with fairy dust, as opposed to all other manufacturers that use under-payed chinese workers.

Product not touched by unicorns and fairy dust can actually break. It is the truth, trust me!

And in the future, you may want to compare products with a sample size of more than 1 of each.

Ya, one time my Tesla's door handles wouldn't retract properly. WTF? I took it to the dealer and they fixed it.

I think I will trade it in on a F450. I am so disillusioned now.

Partron22

macrumors 68030
Apr 13, 2011
Yes
I don't think there's any question that Apple's let its quality control slip, crapix
They did this in the mid to late 90's too.
They recovered.

Cancelled
Jul 3, 2013
Apple isn't perfect but they are miles better than anything else out there - in my opinion. I say this as someone who was a diehard Windows guy who's spent years building high end gaming rigs.
For me their iPhones are close to perfect, just a few things they could touch up on - but after owning a 3GS-4S-5S-6S and not having one single issue I am a convert. Also owned two rMBP's from 2013-2015, both were excellent, so much so I'm looking to buy a cheaper Retina Macbook so I have something portable along side my gaming rig.

Warranties exist for a reason, especially here in the EU/UK where we have strong consumer laws so use them. Also speaking of Apple's demise just makes you sound like another fool. Same people who just hate for the sake of it and have been making false predictions and statements for years that always fail to materialise. Apple is in a strong position and I don't see them losing their focus too much anytime soon, there's huge amounts of competition which keeps them sharp.

EDIT:
One mistake, I did have one problem with my rMBP, the charger failed, but I got a free replacement the same day. Hardly an issue, these things happen.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.