Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

FatPuppy

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 14, 2012
Will there be any noticeable difference in terms of performance and smothness?

mavis

macrumors 601
Jul 30, 2007
Tokyo, Japan
I'm kind of expecting them to speed up animations, which in itself should make iOS7 seem as smooth as iOS6 (at least, on the iPhone 5 - I haven't tested it on any other phones) ... That said, I'm actually pretty happy with it now and besides a few annoyances (double-spaced lines in lyrics when using iTunes Match, etc) beta 6 has been awesome for me.

SMIDG3T

Suspended
Apr 29, 2012
England
It will, without a doubt, be faster all-round. Especially animations.

We only have to wait until Tuesday.

stooovie

macrumors 6502a
Nov 21, 2010
There won't be a significant difference in speed. Don't get your hopes up. On current hardware, removing debugging code doesn't represent a huge gain in performance.

a643

macrumors newbie
Apr 27, 2012
iPad

As over-said is it might be, it's really important to me as an iPad 3 owner that Apple includes the awesome blur in the Control Centre and Notification Centre it took out in the Betas 5 and 6. It was really really fun to look at in the previous betas, and since parallax is still present in Betas 5 and 6, I hope they fixed the bug (?) and will include the effects in the Gold Master.

I'll just have to cross my fingers hard and see.

g35

macrumors 6502a
Dec 13, 2007
As over-said is it might be, it's really important to me as an iPad 3 owner that Apple includes the awesome blur in the Control Centre and Notification Centre it took out in the Betas 5 and 6. It was really really fun to look at in the previous betas, and since parallax is still present in Betas 5 and 6, I hope they fixed the bug (?) and will include the effects in the Gold Master.

I'll just have to cross my fingers hard and see.

I'm sure it's frustrating to get a new device and miss out on features not too long after, but for what it's worth I turned off the transparent blurring on my iPhone (now looks like iPad 3). Everything is more legible and It looked the same almost every time anyway (showing red blob in right corner, green blob in left corner, etc)

Tmelon

macrumors 65816
Feb 26, 2011
With practically a month since the last legitimate beta I'd say we'll see noticeable speed differences. There was also that rumor of the ability to put folders inside of folders which may or may not be legitimate. In 2 days we'll know for sure.

TrenttonY

macrumors 65816
Nov 14, 2012
How many times so people have to ask this. The answer is all over. No, the GM will be released to developers on Tuesday. Public release will be about a week later, a few days before the new iPhones go on sale.

Will it be released to the public Tuesday?

Merkie

macrumors 68020
Oct 23, 2008
Yes... to those members of the public which are paid developers... the rest of the public will get the GM later in the month. ;)
Although (if I remember correctly) the download link for the GM is publicly accessible.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.