Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zero2dash

macrumors 6502a
Jul 6, 2006
Fenton, MO
When I finally do get a Ps3 1-2 years from now, I plan on buying a used 20gig anyway. I'm surprised that they're going to cease production on the $499 60gig now, which was a start in terms of getting more people to buy the system.

$599 is too steep IMO no matter what pack-ins or incentives you give. The bottom line price of the system needs to be no more than $499, and optimally - $399 if they really want to start making a dent in the installed userbase of the other two consoles.

So far, Sony's done a few things right, and a lot of things wrong IMO. :rolleyes:

fiercetiger224

macrumors 6502a
Jan 27, 2004
Hopefully this isn't true. If it is, then this is truly bad PR. I'm not believing it until it comes out of SCEA's mouth. I was expecting them to move current 60 GB models with EE+GS out the door, and then replace them with models without the EE+GS. That seems more likely, but that remains to be seen. :rolleyes:

gkarris

macrumors G3
Dec 31, 2004
"No escape from Reality...”
Hopefully this isn't true. If it is, then this is truly bad PR. I'm not believing it until it comes out of SCEA's mouth. I was expecting them to move current 60 GB models with EE+GS out the door, and then replace them with models without the EE+GS. That seems more likely, but that remains to be seen. :rolleyes:

Yea, not true. They can barely sell them at $499. They're sold out at Circuit City because of the free controller. I still see PS3's in abundance everywhere else.

wako

macrumors 65816
Jun 6, 2005
Im just waiting for the new 80GB version to come out. I hear that one, the controllers will come with the rumble feature that has been missing for so long. And it comes with motorstorm! :D

In the meantime, Ill just continue using my roommates :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.