Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nmn93

macrumors newbie
Jun 2, 2021
I have a related, however a bit different issue. Haven't managed to find related thread, so will try my luck here. Below still applies to data corruption happening on iPad.

In my case my iPad Air corrupted complete sandisk extreme ssd drive. Not individual files, but the whole drive.

It did something strange with the drive, as small PART of the files are seen when connected to the iPad. Disk Utility does not display the drive at all under Big Sur, while the corrupted partition is seen on Catalina in Disk Utility - still no access to any files on either of them. Drive was APFS formatted.....anyone seen similar issue?

sparksd

macrumors G3
Jun 7, 2015
Seattle WA
I have a related, however a bit different issue. Haven't managed to find related thread, so will try my luck here. Below still applies to data corruption happening on iPad.

In my case my iPad Air corrupted complete sandisk extreme ssd drive. Not individual files, but the whole drive.

It did something strange with the drive, as small PART of the files are seen when connected to the iPad. Disk Utility does not display the drive at all under Big Sur, while the corrupted partition is seen on Catalina in Disk Utility - still no access to any files on either of them. Drive was APFS formatted.....anyone seen similar issue?
Sounds similar to this -

https://forums.macrumors.com/thread...opy-to-external-storage.2235171/post-29877514

but that was with exFAT drive.

Reactions: nmn93
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.