Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

akash.nu

macrumors G4
Original poster
May 26, 2016
I bought an AirTag to try out and set it up yesterday. Since then the Find My app is continuously draining battery in the background. Overnight it drained 20% just in background activity. It doesn’t even come listed as an app for me to turn off background refresh.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I can’t afford to keep it active with that level of battery drain everyday.

DotCom2

macrumors 603
Feb 22, 2009
I know this is an old post but I did a search because I am having the same problem. Only I hadn't connected it to the AirTags before seeing your post. I too have air tags. This morning, after letting my iPhone 12 Pro max sit overnight, I woke up to a severely depleted battery. Usually it just drops one or two percent overnight off the charger. I checked the battery usage and it showed the Find My app used 27% background activity! :oops::oops: I'm wondering if it's the AirTags as well. I'm going to have to keep my eye on this and see what happens.

erzincan

macrumors newbie
Nov 13, 2022
i just got my ipad pro 11 3rd gen + ipadOS 16.1 i dont have airtags

about 50% drainage overnight. disabled findmy etc. never worked. unacceptable ! any solutions ?

Reactions: Corgirat
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.