Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

scorpio vega

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 3, 2023
Raleigh, NC
Just wanted to add while you guys brag about your new foldables, I was one of the only 10 people who owned the original foldable Android phone 😂🤣😅 I kid, I kid.

I honestly forgot I ever owned this phone (i literally had it for a month...it was terrible) and truth be told I definitely was one of the 10 people who brought it lmfao. Even though I strongly dislike Android OS, it is amazing the technological growth of the OS from this hot mess to the phones we have today.

I introduce to you all, the Kyocera Echo. You know your phone is terrible when it literally came with 2 batteries :p And for those worried about the hinge on the current foldables/dual-screens.....look at this hinge :)

Aneres11

macrumors 601
Oct 2, 2011
Looks like the Kyocera Echo walked so the Surface Duo could run 😜

scorpio vega

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 3, 2023
Raleigh, NC
Looks like the Kyocera Echo walked so the Surface Duo could run 😜
this phone was terrible lol.

the fact that it launched with android 1.6 and by then i believe they were 3-4 generations on like 2.2 or 2.3.....it wasn't even wi-max(sprint's fake 4g) capabale.....there were actually no apps to utilize said screens.

But yes the echo walked SLOWLY so the duo could jog so the folds could lap them all :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.