Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CE3

macrumors 68000
Nov 26, 2014
Odd. This shouldn’t be happening.

Thanks for the confirmation, arn. The forums have been securely loading for me since yesterday afternoon. I’ll let you know if the bug returns.

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
Thanks for the confirmation, arn. The forums have been securely loading for me since yesterday afternoon. I’ll let you know if the bug returns.
Cool. Ya I made a change to force it to https

Reactions: CE3

retta283

Suspended
Jun 8, 2018
Been getting Error 500 randomly for a few days. Usually I have to wait a few minutes before anything will work again.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
Been getting Error 500 randomly for a few days. Usually I have to wait a few minutes before anything will work again.

There were quite a few yesterday for a period of around half an hour when the site was completely inaccessible.

I mentioned them in another thread (the thread with numbers - 403, 503 etc) yesterday, and @arn responded saying that he was aware of the issue.

Are you still seeing them?

retta283

Suspended
Jun 8, 2018
There were quite a few yesterday for a period of around half an hour when the site was completely inaccessible.

I mentioned them in another thread (the thread with numbers - 403, 503 etc) yesterday, and @arn responded saying that he was aware of the issue.

Are you still seeing them?
They seem to have stopped, it was worst during the morning hours yesterday.

Plutonius

macrumors G3
Feb 22, 2003
New Hampshire, USA
Over the last week, MacRumors has hung while attempting to load a page about 20% of the time.

In each case, I think that it's an ad on the page that is hanging (I don't use an ad blocker).

This occurs on my two Macs in Safari (both running Mojave).

Reactions: jbachandouris

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
Over the last week, MacRumors has hung while attempting to load a page about 20% of the time.

In each case, I think that it's an ad on the page that is hanging (I don't use an ad blocker).

This occurs on my two Macs in Safari (both running Mojave).

I haven’t seen this (I view with ads). Anyone else?

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
I have noticed that the system has been a bit "laggy" and sluggish this evening, stalling, and freezing on a few occasions when I was trying to load a page or post a reply.

AZhappyjack

macrumors G3
Original poster
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ
In just the past 5 minutes or so, the forums have stopped responding... page loads are excruciatingly slow... and I've seen 4 or 5 "502 Bad Gateway" error trying to navigate around the forums.

The Hammer

macrumors 6502
Jun 19, 2008
Toronto, Canada
The site is not loading properly for me right now The front page articles load blank sometimes and when they do load they take up all the real estate. No Guides down the right side no recent t comments etc. I have to hit the front page Tab on the top left two or three times to get everything to load properly.

Last edited:

AZhappyjack

macrumors G3
Original poster
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ
The site is not loading properly for me right now The front page articles load blank sometimes and when they do load they take up all the real estate. No Guides down the right side no recent t comments etc. I have to hit the front page Tab on the top left two or three times to get everything to load properly.

Not seeing any issues here.

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
Post a screenshot if it happens again?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.