Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

FlippyGonnaSnap

macrumors regular
Oct 23, 2019
I used to go gold with everything including the Galaxy S7 but these days I just find it a bit tacky.

Went with midnight green which looks much more classy imo

KiraYamato

macrumors regular
Oct 27, 2015
Call me old fashioned but I care. I’m not in the slightest interested in all that political correctness, lefty “it’s 2019 no one cares” sanctimonious nonsense. If I’m psychologically predisposed to worrying how others “may” judge me and trust me, there’s millions of us, then you bet I’m gonna be mindful of how I carry myself, my style, clothes and yes, my possessions. Not saying I couldn’t pull of a pink iPhone, if I wanted..I’m saying it’s within my nature to care/worry how others judge.

Regardless, I don’t buy into the whole social media’s obsession with living our lives in a fake bubble where ‘no one cares’. Outside that bubble is the real world, real life and people judge. Period! And I’m merely a creature of habit with no shame in admitting that I care what people think.
Fantastic post. In fact, you were already being ‘judged’ by the poster who questioned your 2019-ness.

I have yet to meet a person in real life who really doesn’t care what others think. I know quite a few who try to keep up the facade to be cool though.

StellarVixen

macrumors 68040
Mar 1, 2018
Somewhere between 0 and 1
Fantastic post. In fact, you were already being ‘judged’ by the poster who questioned your 2019-ness.

I have yet to meet a person in real life who really doesn’t care what others think. I know quite a few who try to keep up the facade to be cool though.

Oh, look your post is painted with pink color! What are people gonna say?

Do you know that there is no any basis in objective reality to ascribe colors to genders? Do you realize that until 20th century pink was for boys, and blue was for girls? Do you realize this is made up nonsense, just because?

Now, if this does not trouble you, nor it makes you realize how ridiculous is to question your decisions based on "will other people think this color is too girly", well, then, go on. It's your life after all. and decision to spice it up with such imaginary troubles is yours only.

KiraYamato

macrumors regular
Oct 27, 2015
Oh, look your post is painted with pink color! What are people gonna say?

Do you know that there is no any basis in objective reality to ascribe colors to genders? Do you realize that until 20th century pink was for boys, and blue was for girls? Do you realize this is made up nonsense, just because?

Now, if this does not trouble you, nor it makes you realize how ridiculous is to question your decisions based on "will other people think this color is too girly", well, then, go on. It's your life after all. and decision to spice it up with such imaginary troubles is yours only.
Yes I prefer not to use pink thank you very much. It seems to properly rile you up though, pardon someone else not sharing your ‘2019 beliefs’. Do I need to apologise somewhere maybe?

StellarVixen

macrumors 68040
Mar 1, 2018
Somewhere between 0 and 1
Yes I prefer not to use pink thank you very much. It seems to properly rile you up though, pardon someone else not sharing your ‘2019 beliefs’. Do I need to apologise somewhere maybe?

There is no need to feel threatened. I have tried to rationalize why I think what I think, not just "because it is 2019".

If you disagree with it, fine. No need for aggressiveness, no one is attacking you.

Seanm87

macrumors 68020
Oct 10, 2014

I don’t.

KiraYamato

macrumors regular
Oct 27, 2015
There is no need to feel threatened. I have tried to rationalize why I think what I think, not just "because it is 2019".

If you disagree with it, fine. No need for aggressiveness, no one is attacking you.
Your posts certainly had a 2019 zen energy about them, the epitomy of calm and rational choices of words.

I believe you and am breathing a manly sigh of relief that I can continue to have my own preferences of color in this modern and hip little world.

Willc99

macrumors newbie
Nov 9, 2019
I got the gold iPhone Pro Max yesterday, it’s the first gold phone I’ve had, and it honestly looks really good.

I couldn’t find a Pro in gold on display in the shops in Portugal but found a gold XS Max and it looked fantastic, so I ordered Pro Max in gold.

I wanted a change.

Reactions: Bethanie21

Aydy

macrumors 6502a
Nov 22, 2015
If I’m honest the gold didn’t work for me on the XS Max. I found it quite off putting and it seemed to emphasise the overly warm display issue I had. The beigey colouring of the back glass panel in particular, matched my kinda yucky warm display. I replaced it with silver and thankfully a cooler display but I think it’s going to take a while before I can appreciate a gold iPhone again.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.