Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MrGimper

macrumors G3
Sep 22, 2012
Andover, UK
Was monitoring the UK refurb store for 16” M3 Max, but not much going thru.

Just snagged a sealed SB M3 Max 16/40 48GB 1TB for £3,000 off eBay. Paid via PayPal and credit card so if a scam I’m covered, but received pics of sealed box and serial checks out with warranty etc.

£1100 less than Apple want and £500 less than an Apple refurb.

Given the choice I’d have gone silver, and maybe 2TB like my outgoing intel. But for that saving I’ll use my external 2TB NVMe if needed.

Hopefully an epic bargain.

MrGimper

macrumors G3
Sep 22, 2012
Andover, UK

Just snagged a sealed SB M3 Max 16/40 48GB 1TB for £3,000 off eBay. Paid via PayPal and credit card so if a scam I’m covered, but received pics of sealed box and serial checks out with warranty etc.

Given the choice I’d have gone silver, and maybe 2TB like my outgoing intel. But for that saving I’ll use my external 2TB NVMe if needed.

Well this appears to have been a scam. Currently eBay are investigating.

Snagged the same machine in silver from the Apple refurb store, arrived today.

Silver FTW, classic.

daneoni

macrumors G4
Mar 24, 2006

If it sounds too good to be true it usually is.

Reactions: MrGimper
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.