Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JohnnyW2001

Suspended
Original poster
Nov 6, 2012
I've been using iOS7 Beta on my iPhone 4S since it was released. After the near-Alpha state of Beta 1, I (somewhat unrealistically) hoped that Beta 2 would fix all the stability problems.

In Beta 2 I'm still having lots of issues with random crashes -- even with native apps like Camera, which has reset my phone twice today while trying to start. The interface is still very laggy and glitchy (it reminds me of my old Android phone). And it often gets finger-burning hot right on the Apple logo.

I'm sure these issues will be ironed out before the final release, but is everyone else having them on the 4S, or are some people having a very smooth experience?

At present, from my experience, I'd say that I'd NOT recommend iOS7 Beta for everyday use just yet. iOS6 Beta was fine from the beginning, but this is a much bigger update compared to that, and it shows. Do people agree?

Last edited:

Armen

macrumors 604
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles
I've been using iOS7 Beta on my iPhone 4S since it was released. After the near-Alpha state of Beta 1, I (somewhat unrealistically) hoped that Beta 2 would fix all the stability problems.

In Beta 2 I'm still having lots of issues with random crashes -- even with native apps like Camera, which has reset my phone twice today while trying to start. The interface is still very laggy and glitchy (it reminds me of my old Android phone).

I'm sure these issues will be ironed out before the final release, but is everyone else having them, or are some people having a very smooth experience?

At present, from my experience, I'd say that I'd NOT recommend iOS7 Beta for everyday use just yet. iOS6 Beta was fine from the beginning, but this is a much bigger update compared to that, and it shows. Do people agree?

Beta 2 was freezing and hanging for me on iMessages until I did a restore as New. now its stable and smooth.

JohnnyW2001

Suspended
Original poster
Nov 6, 2012
Beta 2 was freezing and hanging for me on iMessages until I did a restore as New. now its stable and smooth.

Interesting! Has anyone else had this experience? I'm just about to revert to iOS 6 until the Betas becomes a little more stable, but I'm intrigued that most of these glitches might be due to me doing an in-place install.

Are other people having better experiences than me?

pottyvick

macrumors regular
Apr 19, 2013
if you dont restore a backup then it runs smoother... I ran it but still not as smooth to use for my dd. Its getting much better though...

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.
Originally installed beta 2 (update) over the air. Had some glitches, but nothing serious. Installed from restore without backup this afternoon. Didn't want to have to wonder if there was an overlap issue happening with the OS or an app.

I haven't spotted any difference (yet) between update and restore with the beta 2. It is still early, so time will tell what happens (if anything).

I always make it a practice to do fresh installs with OS, whenever possible.

Have been running iOS7 on my only phone for a while now.

JohnnyW2001

Suspended
Original poster
Nov 6, 2012
I did a clean install today and it still was jerky when bringing up the Search or when double-tapping to see running apps (not that any were running). iOS7 just doesn't seem to like the 4S at the moment.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.